Configuration Requests and Index thread

Post or request custom configuration files.
rocknrolla88

Re: [config][request] Battlefield 1943 Mouse: Logitech G700

Post by rocknrolla88 »

HolySheep wrote:Battlefield 1943 uses a lower sensitivty if you aim down side. (Just as CoD) I have more succes using my black ops x/y ratio's than the bc2.
Is it one of the few cod.xml's that comes with the installation ?

Code: Select all

Or do you mean these:
Call Of Duty: Black Ops
Primary config:
dead zone 22, shape circle
x/y ratio 2.85
exponent 0.39
Secondary config - ADS:
dead zone 22, shape circle
x/y ratio 1.71
exponent 0.25
If you could upload me your .xml that your using for bf1943 ?
Matlo

Re: [config][request] Battlefield 1943 Mouse: Logitech G700

Post by Matlo »

Sensitivity is the easiest thing to calibrate, and it depends on your personal taste.
There are more chances that the dead zone/exponents/xy ratios match those from BC2.
GIMX creator
Pengunz

[config] [request] Modern warfare 2 / 3

Post by Pengunz »

Hi I am going to be building my DIY PC to PS3 usb adapter and was wondering if anyone could give me any recommendations for modern warfare 2. (Like deadzone settings, sensitivity, DPI settings etc.?) I barely play black ops on PS3 (don't really like it) and cannot find a setup for modern warfare 2. I am assuming they are similar but I feel like treyarch and infinity ward character mechanics are a bit different. Also, I think these settings would work for modern warfare 3 since its made by the same company. I currently own a logitech g9x mouse and it runs up to 5700 DPI. I normally play on a high sensitivity with a controller so I can turn faster (sensitivity of 9 to 10) so if you guys could give me some settings on fast turning speed I will appreciate it. Also before I tried building this adapter I use to play with the eagle eye converter but there was noticeable vertical jag movements. Could you possibly give me a setting to eliminate the vertical jagged movements. thanks!!
McKack

Re: [config] [request] Modern warfare 2 / 3

Post by McKack »

Yeah the config is basically the same for both games if I remember correctly. I'll give converting my Black Ops config to MW2 a shot.

When using the USB adapter I noticed that setting the Hz to 100 or 125 instead of 250 reduced and almost eliminated jaggy vertical aim. Matlo is probably cooking up some "fix" for it too for future releases.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

The parameters are the same for Modern Warfare and Black Ops.

As explained in the tutorial, you have to set the in-game sensitivity AND the mouse dpi to the max.

With a 5700dpi mouse the vertical jag movements are barely noticeable if you use the normalized parameters, even at 250Hz.
GIMX creator
mgreed

Re: [config][request] M.A.G. (Massive Action Game)

Post by mgreed »

FYI, it looks like MAG is SixAxis only, so you'll need to use bluetooth. That kinda put me off, for the moment.

I'll post a config, if I ever get around to trying it.
Pengunz

Post by Pengunz »

Hey I just built my PS3 USB adapter and so far it works out fine. (Btw nice job thanks for everything) The thing is I am having a problem with the x/y multiplier. Can you give me some recommendations for modern warfare 2? I am trying to make the x/y ratio like the normalized parameters but the y axis is still so jerky. Also, is the x axis suppose to feel inconsistent when you do 180's or 360's? I feel like sometimes it accelerates faster and it throws off my aim. thanks
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Please copy-paste the content of your config file in a code tag.
GIMX creator
Pengunz

Post by Pengunz »

Hi Matio thanks for the help. Sorry if I sound dumb but how do I get the code tag? Here are the axis config settings.
Deadzone Multiplier Exponent Shape
rstick x 22 35 .39 circle
rstick y 22 27 .39 circle

ADS:
rstick x 37 85 .25 circle
rstick y 30 95 .25 circle

I use an ingame senstivity of 9. And I don't know if I am doing it wrong or not but when I set the mouse at 5700 dpi it causes the mouse to accelerate and my turning is not consistent. So I bascially set my DPI at 1000 dpi and use the multiplier to change my sensitivity.

My problem: I think the y axis isn't as jerky but fine precise aiming is pretty hard. Everytime I try to move the mouse slowly it feels like the gun doesn't move. I put the multiplier and deadzone on ADS higher because the game makes your aim travel slower when you see an enemy.

Also I don't know if you know this but there is a way to increase the sensitivity of the game past the game's sensitivity. If you go to accessory settings and chance the pointer speed to high it actually increases the game sensitivity controls. thanks again.
cldfusion

Post by cldfusion »

You need ingame at 10, and max dpi. You can try these, they're a bit off normalized though:
rstick x 23 11 .39 circle
rstick y 23 17 .39 circle
ADS:
rstick x 25 19 .25 circle
rstick y 25 22 .25 circle
Make sure you have accel in Win/linux turned off.
The only way to modify your in-game speed past 10 is to modify your config file with a hex editor. (pointer speed is just for xmb)
Last edited by cldfusion on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.