[macro] Call of Duty - Reloadus Interruptus

Post or request custom configuration files.
luckmager

[macro] Call of Duty - Reloadus Interruptus

Post by luckmager »

On BASHANDSLASH, i found a bind 3 years ago i and all pro's used for cod4. It's named Reloadus Interruptus. The following text is copied from their site, http://www.bashandslash.com
-------------------------------------------------------
The Problem

If you are like me and have a habit of always topping-up your magazine right after you have fired off a few of bursts, you undoubtedly have experienced the situation where an opponent catches wide open in mid-reload. 

Sure, you try to stop the re-load process or you try to swap out your empty weapon for your backup as fast as possible, usually to no avail: you're fragged and your empty-chambered weapon lies useless next to your limp, bloody avatar.

The Solution

puller suggests binding the following script to one of your keys:

bind E "weapnext; wait 2; weapnext" 

Here, we used the "E" key on the keyboard for the bind - but it does not have to be that key. Personally, I bound it to one of my mouse buttons.

For those who may not know, or have not read our many "tweak" articles, this line is typed into your config_mp.cfg file (contained in the player name sub-folder in your CoD4 directory).

Assuming you still have rounds in your magazine, or at least a chambered round, if you are mid-reload - the process is immediately interrupted and your gun is back in business, ready to fire.

The delta-time between gun "reload" to gun "ready" is nearly instantaneous and your attacker will soon find him/herself the attacker.
------------------------------------------------------------
Now i made a macro:
#Defines the action that triggers the macro execution, you may change "2" to another key.
MACRO 2
#Performs a weapon switch, change "3" to the triangle key.
KEY 3
#Wait 13 mili seconds
DELAY 13
#Perform another weapon switch, change "3" the triangle key.
KEY 3
Last edited by luckmager on Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cldfusion

Re: Reloadus Interruptus

Post by cldfusion »

I just scroll down 2 notches on my wheel. It's pretty quick and I don't need to remember another button.
luckmager

Post by luckmager »

You could make mistakes with that :P
cldfusion

Post by cldfusion »

True... I guess it's worth experimenting with then:).
You can also use this in a quick reload function. I was setting one up with a file of all of the weapon reload times, so i could use it to cancel the end of reload animation, but it was a bit impractical, and i got bored with it:P.
luckmager

Re: Reloadus Interruptus *macro*

Post by luckmager »

This macro works better for cod4 and mw2, a bit buggy for BO because it doesnt switch back to the weapon sometimes.
cldfusion

Re: Reloadus Interruptus *macro*

Post by cldfusion »

Try increasing the delay between keys, and key presses are best at around 45ms.