CH340G and ATMEGA16U2 DIY

Talk about anything concerning the source code.
matt99199

CH340G and ATMEGA16U2 DIY

Post by matt99199 »

Hello All,

I have the CH340G and ATMEGA16U2 chips lying around collecting dust so I made a prototype PCB to try and hack them into a Gimx adapter.

The devices may not be supported with the stock code but I took a whack at modifying it to use 230400 baud (friendly to both) instead of 500k and the compile+upload looked OK compared to the official 500k hex file (also modified to use the 16u2).

The problem is the software on my windows PC gave a sync error, I'm guessing the exe software is preconfigured for 500k buad as well....
Anyone ever have success by modifying the code to a different buad or use non-supported parts?

I think I jumped a little too far in without making one that worked first but oh well.

I believe the exe files are also available so maybe it's as easy as compiling the windows software to my needs as well?
Side note: If I understand correctly, for use with a console, that console controller has to be plugged in to the PC or it will not work, right?

Code and schematics for reference:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Matlo

Re: CH340G and ATMEGA16U2 DIY

Post by Matlo »

Hello,

Since your question is about how to build the software, I moved your topic to the dev section.
Please have a look at: https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=De ... on_Windows
GIMX creator
matt99199

Re: CH340G and ATMEGA16U2 DIY

Post by matt99199 »

OK I have the tools to build now.
Can you confirm if the program does indeed look to sync at 500kbaud on the PC side? If so what file is this parm set up?

Not really sure if anyone else has tried to mess with the communication speed before or not. Curious if 500kbaud is required for any particular reason other than it being the quickest stable rate for higher end parts.

If there is no sync rate mesh in the exe what else could be causing the sync error?