PC blocked

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
navarreitor

PC blocked

Post by navarreitor »

Hi

I just installed GIMX to use it with my PS4/Simucube Augury/CSL LC Pedals/F1S Simulaje rim

I made my own config editing the LogitechDrivingForce_G29 original (https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhhjnueodekxa ... 4.xml?dl=0) and still have some problems with FFB, pretty poor right now (only feels the road and offroad but not lateral forces)

I think perhaps is only a matter of Simucube/Game/Gims configurations but any help with FFB will be appreciated

But also have another problem and this is because I write to you now

When I run the launcher with my config a message jumps on screen: joystick not found: Logitech Driving Force USB (0)

I can drive and use the pedals and the Simucube and also the rim, but my PC is blocked and I can't do anything meanwhile I run Gimx . You can check it in this video https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsifz5787zj57 ... 2.mp4?dl=0

I record a LOG file of a short session like I read you ask for in other topics
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d90o4cb80r9t3 ... 2.txt?dl=0

My PC runs Windows 10 64 and my Gimx firmware is the PS4 emu (don't remember the right name even I reinstall it in order to recheck)

Thank you in advance
Fernando
GoDlike

Re: PC blocked

Post by GoDlike »

Hello,

As for the error message, you edited Logitech Driving Force configuration and part of the config still points to the this wheel. If you open the config you can see on the bottom following lines

Code: Select all

<joystick_corrections_list>
        <correction low_value="32767" low_coef="-8191" high_value="0" high_coef="0">
          <device type="joystick" id="0" name="Logitech Driving Force USB"/>
          <event type="axis" id="1"/>
        </correction>
        <correction low_value="32767" low_coef="-8191" high_value="0" high_coef="0">
          <device type="joystick" id="0" name="Logitech Driving Force USB"/>
          <event type="axis" id="2"/>
        </correction>
This is why you get this error.

Please try with following configuration

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
  <controller id="1" dpi="0" type="G29 PS4">
    <configuration id="1">
      <trigger type="" id="" name="" button_id="" switch_back="no" delay="0"/>
      <mouse_options_list/>
      <intensity_list/>
      <button_map>
        <button id="abs_axis_30" label="BB -">
          <device type="joystick" id="0" name="F1S Wheel by Gaboni &amp; Simulaje"/>
          <event type="button" id="27"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_29" label="BB +">
          <event type="button" id="26"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_27" label="Tracc. +">
          <event type="button" id="28"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_28" label="Tracc. -">
          <event type="button" id="29"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_26" label="ERS -">
          <event type="button" id="25"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_25" label="ERS +">
          <event type="button" id="24"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_24" label="MIX -">
          <event type="button" id="30"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_23" label="MIX +">
          <event type="button" id="31"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_22" label="--">
          <event type="button" id="5"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_21" label="--">
          <event type="button" id="4"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_20" label="--">
          <event type="button" id="3"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_12" label="gear UP">
          <event type="button" id="15"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_11" label="gear DOWN">
          <event type="button" id="17"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_31" label="interruptor cruz">
          <event type="button" id="18"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_10" label="blanco arriba">
          <event type="button" id="0"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_9" label="centro arriba izda">
          <event type="button" id="1"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_8" label="al lado rojo arriba">
          <event type="button" id="12"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_7" label="Rojo ariba">
          <event type="button" id="13"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_13" label="mirar izda">
          <event type="button" id="2"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_14" label="mirar dcha">
          <event type="button" id="11"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_0" label="Bajo el blanco">
          <event type="button" id="8"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_1" label="Encima del blanco">
          <event type="button" id="10"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_15" label="Encoder izda">
          <event type="button" id="6"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_16" label="Encoder dcha">
          <event type="button" id="7"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_2" label="Blanco dcha">
          <event type="button" id="9"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_3" label="Arriba">
          <event type="button" id="32"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_4" label="Dcha">
          <event type="button" id="33"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_5" label="Abajo">
          <event type="button" id="34"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_6" label="Izda">
          <event type="button" id="35"/>
        </button>
      </button_map>
      <axis_map>
        <axis id="rel_axis_0" label="wheel">
          <device type="joystick" id="0" name="SimuCUBE"/>
          <event type="axis" id="0" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.0039" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="abs_axis_17" label="gas">
          <device type="joystick" id="0" name="FANATEC CSL Elite Pedals LC"/>
          <event type="axis" id="0" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.008" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="abs_axis_18" label="brake">
          <event type="axis" id="1" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.008" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
      </axis_map>
      <joystick_corrections_list>
        <correction low_value="-32768" low_coef="0" high_value="-32768" high_coef="8191">
          <event type="axis" id="0"/>
        </correction>
        <correction low_value="-32768" low_coef="0" high_value="-32768" high_coef="8191">
          <event type="axis" id="1"/>
        </correction>
      </joystick_corrections_list>
    </configuration>
  </controller>
</root>
As for the blocking part, please select Mouse Capture->Off and try again.

Also thank you for following rules and posting log file. @Matlo will know about FFB, just wait for his reply.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
navarreitor

Post by navarreitor »

Thank you so much and excuse me for my next question.

What must I do to edit the config file? Open it with a text editor and replace the text with yours? I figure that must be the way, but don't be sure

And to understand my error, it happens because I use the g29 configuration? Must I start mine from scratch?

Thanks again
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Yeah, it's just text XML file with instructions how GIMX should operate, just replace the content with text editor. You could also open gimx-config and go to Overall->Joystick corrections tab and delete parts referring to Logitech wheel, effect will be same.

You don't need to make a new configuration, I removed parts that referred to the old wheel so it looks now like you did new one from scratch. The old config still had parts referring to Logitech Driving Force wheel.

Just to clarify, by using this config you emulate G29 so PS4 will accept it as official wheel for this console so don't be confused if you see "G29" text in configuration.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
navarreitor

Post by navarreitor »

Hi again

Let me ask another 2 questions without open a new topic (if you think is necessary, I'll do)

I am emulating a G29 for my Augury OSW. People form Augury tells me that I must choose 900 degrees on Simucube (for iracing) and if the car that I drive has a 360 wheel, the game works in 360 modes automatically.

I don't test this on iracing but yesterday I test it on F1 running on my PS4...and no matter what I choose in the game config (180, 360...) the wheel only follow the Simucube config, then if I like, I must change the value to 360 on Simucube.

I am pretty sure that I must ask again Augury's people but before that.....My first question to you is: on Gimx there's also a way to config the rotation values that could be interfering all this stuff?

Also, on Simucube config software, I found a lot of possible forces/effects: Friction, Damping, Spring, Sine Wave, Square wave, Sawtooth, triangle and Inertia.

Could GIMX emulate all these effects somehow on a PS4 with actual G29 settings? I understand that games are also involved, but I am assuming that could be games that use all these effects,

When I launch Gimx I read a message that tells me Spring is not supported, but I look for this issue in the forum and now I understand that perhaps another follow message tells the opposite. I must check this on my own log files or send you one, but this made me think about all the forces, not only this one, and this is the reason for my second question.

Thank you in advance.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Please read the capabilities and limitations section: https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Gu ... imitations

With this limitation in mind, it's kind of obvious that you need to manually adjust the wheel range using manufacturer's software.

There is no point to support effects that are not actually used. Some games set default spring when initializing the wheel, but they disable it right after.
GIMX creator
navarreitor

Post by navarreitor »

Thank you for this link.

Believe me i tried to find info before my post.

Thanks, again
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Guide generator is on main page; https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
GIMX creator
Forbidden Era

Post by Forbidden Era »

I thought essentially in the end all FFB is just pwm anyhow..?