Logitech momo racing for PS3

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
car1

Logitech momo racing for PS3

Post by car1 »

Hi peeps. I'm certain this was asked before but i cannot find any info concerning my issue. I am ready to purchase the GIMX adapter (or bluetooth dongle) but I need to ensure that it will work for my scenario. My momo racing wheel functions very well with GT5, but all the F1 games (by codemasters) do not respond to the wheel (i tried the 2012 and 2014 games). I'm wondering if GIMX can trick the F1 games into thinking it's another compatible wheel. Has anyone successfully attempted this?

All help is hugely appreciated.
GoDlike

Re: Logitech momo racing for PS3

Post by GoDlike »

If F1 supports G27 then GIMX will mimick your wheel into G27 that is supported by F1.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Cybereu

Post by Cybereu »

What GIMX does it tells the F1 that you are using a G27 besides what you are are using.

Your PC with Momo racing wheel--> GIMX acting as G27--> PS4
car1

Post by car1 »

GoDlike wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:09 am If F1 supports G27 then GIMX will mimick your wheel into G27 that is supported by F1.
Thanks for the reply! Yes, the G27 is supported. So all i need is the GIMX adapter and the program to make this work? I plug my wheel to PC and pc to ps3 via the adapter? Anything else I need? Any pointers... i'm totally clueless as to what I must do.
Last edited by car1 on Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Hi

Yes that's basically it you will find more information on the setup on the Wiki https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

You can either build your own usb adapter or buy one, another option is to use a live linux usb distro with persistence and a compatible Bluetooth dongle.
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
car1

Post by car1 »

LoneWolf81 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:35 pm Hi

Yes that's basically it you will find more information on the setup on the Wiki https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

You can either build your own usb adapter or buy one, another option is to use a live linux usb distro with persistence and a compatible Bluetooth dongle.
Thanks for the reply! If the adapter is plug and play then I'll go with that. I have no knowledge to build my own and I'm not gonna fiddle around with Linus Torvalds operating systems. Hehe. Will GIMX recognize my wheel as a generic or is there also a list of compatible GIMX wheels? I'm expecting the worst with my wheel and hope that it'll be recognized as a universal wheel.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Capabilities and limitations for your use case are listed on this guide: https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Gu ... eringWheel
GIMX creator
car1

Post by car1 »

Matlo wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:59 pm Capabilities and limitations for your use case are listed on this guide: https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Gu ... eringWheel
Thanks Matlo for the reply. So I just received the new adapter by mail, and I am getting an error message " No Dualshock 4 on USB ports ". However, I am using my logitech momo racing wheel to output as a G27 to use on a PS3. I had to manually configure my setup because it wasn't listed on the preconfigured list in gimx launcher.

I read and followed the wikis and tutorials, and I know that my wheel is supported and recognized. What's causing this error? Do i need to do a firmware update or something?

Please help as I'm a totally clueless (noob here).

*** I'm running gimx on ubuntu 18 or 16 (not sure) ***
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Hi

Please add a log file also confirm that you have loaded the EMUG27 firmware and what do you have your target output set to?
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
car1

Post by car1 »

LoneWolf81 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:42 pm Hi

Please add a log file also confirm that you have loaded the EMUG27 firmware and what do you have your target output set to?
I understand.... I'll try again and get a log file to share. So there is a firmware I need to update? How do I do that? The target output I chose was GIMX adapter. In config I selected "ps3/G27".

From what I read it looks like I need to reinstall GIMX?

Thanks again and sorry.... Complete newbie here