Thrustmaster T300 as G27 on PS3 - Gran Turismo 6 works but not Midnight club LA

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
ndsno1

Thrustmaster T300 as G27 on PS3 - Gran Turismo 6 works but not Midnight club LA

Post by ndsno1 »

Hi.
I'm emulating a G27. The firmware I loaded is EMUG27. In my bridge PC I have Thrustmaster drivers and Logitech G27 driver installed.
The wheel works on GT6 with force feedback and correct button mapping.
But on Midnight Club LA the button mapping are messed up. In the Option -> Controller menu, the options for Steering Wheel are grayed out.
What I did:
Start the game with the Dualshock 3 controller.
At the Press Start Title screen, connect the GIMX to the PS3. PS3 shows popup "Unknown USB Device".
Start GIMX on PC. Game recognized the wheel, press Start on Wheel enters the game.
In game, buttons and axes works but messed up.
From what I've read on the net, the game only support a handful of wheels, and G25 and G27 works with Force Feedback. When I connect my T300 directly to the PS3, the same problem happens. Buttons and Axes are messed up. Option for Steering Wheel grayed out. Though Gran Turismo 6 can use the wheel directly no problem.
cutiezoi

Re: Thrustmaster T300 as G27 on PS3 - Gran Turismo 6 works but not Midnight club LA

Post by cutiezoi »

In-Game Settings:
  • Check button mapping options: Although the steering wheel options are grayed out, some games allow mapping individual buttons within the controller settings menu. Look for any options to remap or reassign button functions.
  • Calibrate the wheel: Some games require wheel calibration for proper axis recognition. Check the game's settings to see if there's a calibration option for the steering wheel.
Alternative Approaches:
  • Try using PS3Xpad: PS3Xpad is another popular tool for emulating controllers on PlayStation consoles. It might offer better compatibility with Midnight Club LA compared to GIMX.
  • Use a compatible PS3 wheel: If all else fails, consider using a genuine PS3-compatible wheel. Although not ideal, it guarantees full functionality without any compatibility issues.
And if you can't solve your problem, you can always play Diablo 4, CS2, WoW, Call of Duty etc. If you're a beginner, boosthive here's you can find help. I hope it will be useful :shock: