Can't get Gimx to work PC ---> PC

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Fingle

Can't get Gimx to work PC ---> PC

Post by Fingle »

Hello I built a gimx myself a few days ago to do controller emulation on my computer hosting from another computer. I originally tried with rewasd but found the joystick emulation was extremely jittery and the connection unreliable with the gimx. Now I am trying it with the gimx software but can't get the virtual ps3 controller to do anything on my target PC. Im using ps3 because its one of the few simulation options that doesn't require authentication from a real controller. I only have a ps5 controller and that doesn't work with the ps4 duelshock option.

On my host PC (a VM) It connects great, and on my client PC, I see a Sony PLAYSTATOIN(R)3 Controller showing up on my machine, but it doesn't look like that Virtual controller is getting any input from the gimx (yes its wired correctly). One problem might be that Im using a ps4 config simulating to a ps3 controller? or maybe there's just a bug in my firmware. Or maybe the controller is just not visible to the gamepad testers I'm using.

I've tried simply hosting everything on one PC to the same issues. In the gimx command prompt I can see the controller sending movement updates so it's not a Gimx software or config problem. I just don't know what's going on need help :?
Fingle

Re: Can't get Gimx to work PC ---> PC

Post by Fingle »

fixed it. it was a ps3 controller driver issue. how do you delete posts lol
GoDlike

Re: Can't get Gimx to work PC ---> PC

Post by GoDlike »

No need to delete it. Should be there if someone has similar problem.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike