DIY USB - DFGT on PS4 disconnecting after 5-10 minutes

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Lynski83

DIY USB - DFGT on PS4 disconnecting after 5-10 minutes

Post by Lynski83 »

Hi all

I have an issue where all input signals seem to disconnect after 5-10 minutes during a race. The on screen steering wheel will stay at the same place as when the issue occurs, pedals will not work nor will the DS4 controller buttons except the PS button and i have noticed FFB is still working when the car crashes into barriers.

I'm using a CP2102 connected to a Leonardo Pro ATMEGA32U4 with firmware 5.4 file atmega32u4.hex from folder EMUG29PS4 on Windows 7. I am using GIMX-launcher version 5.4 x84_64. I have tried updating the driver for the CP2102 but it says it is already the latest driver.

Some help with this would be very much appreciated please :D

Cheers

Lynski83
Mrgonuts

Re: DIY USB - DFGT on PS4 disconnecting after 5-10 minutes

Post by Mrgonuts »

Hi I'm having similar disconnections I have noticed that the light on the usb serial connector goes either lighter or darker if it is moved hardly at all so was wondering if vibrations could be the cause?
I eyed to do more testing
Lynski83

Post by Lynski83 »

I have had a play about with it and have got it working for most of the evening without any disconnects.
I installed the Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) as suggested on the Gimx wiki http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Logitech_Wheels This seems to have fixed it. I will continue to test over the next few days.
Lynski83

Post by Lynski83 »

I have tested since it was working fine but last night it started doing it again. Between 5 and 10 mins all input just freezes. I have LGS installed and the issue is there whether LGS is open or not.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
Maybe there is a bad contact, or a defective cable.
Please post a clear picture of your adapter.
GIMX creator
Lynski83

Post by Lynski83 »

Ok I'm pretty sure I've sorted it now. I've installed Ubuntu 14.04 on my MacBook and have had no issues since. Must have been an issue with Windows drivers or something. I will keep testing over the next few days and update.