Another Problem with DIY+G27+PS4 Log Inside

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Phoenix101

Another Problem with DIY+G27+PS4 Log Inside

Post by Phoenix101 »

HI
I am a new user and I cannot find a way to make work my DIY adapter with my G27 and the PS4

Initially the DIY didn't work so with the help of other threads (like this one http://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1347 where I already posted the description of my set up and various detailed info ) I find a way to resolve partially the problem by soldering the wires from the USB to Serial converter directly on the teensy . Unfortunatle the G27 is not recognized by the PS4 and don't works. Anyway the log has changed a lot.

Matlo, what do you think? Can you understand where the error is?

LOG
http://pastebin.com/RG3jP26T

IMPORTANT UPDATE
The problem was inside the teensy 2++. I flashed it with the correct firmware (from atmega32u4 to at90usb1286) and now it works inside the PS4 XMB like a standard pad. Unfortunatly when I launch Drive Club the wheel behave like a pad. All the button are working even the shifter (paddles and H) but the wheel and the pedals are dead.
Matlo

Re: Another Problem with DIY+G27+PS4 Log Inside

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
So your first post was here: viewtopic.php?p=8089#p8089
Please make sure you loaded the right at90usb1286.hex file (from the EMUG29PS4 folder, not from the EMUPS4 one).
If it doesn't help, please post a new log.
GIMX creator
Phoenix101

Re: Another Problem with DIY+G27+PS4 Log Inside

Post by Phoenix101 »

HI Matlo, thank you for the reply :)
The error was mine. I pushed the PS button on the pad instead of the one assigned to the wheel. Now everything works.
I think it could be better to add to the WIKI a proper advice about on how to flash the teensy++ 2.0.

Most important
(I haven't checked yet if there are other thread on the forum) I think there is a bug in the converter. After 2 hours of playing the wheel have changed the strength of feedback and its feeling. In that occasion I continued the play and after half an hour it freezes; I was forced to quit the game and disconnect the adapter. Unfortunately I don't have the log file. I will post a new log if it will happen again with, if necessary, a new description and steps of reproduce.

I will also make some research on other forums to find out if the bug is caused by the game itself.