Hi, I'm CorporateZombi

Introduce yourself to the forum before attempting to post elsewhere
corporatezombi

Hi, I'm CorporateZombi

Post by corporatezombi »

Hi, I'm corporatezombi, I'm a simrace-hobbyist who is also into Virtual Reality.
I also have a small youtube channel also called CorporateZombie, and I'm on Tiktok as Corporatezombi.
I'm mainly covering VR stuff, but I also like covering VR accessories, so I thought I'd have a go with making and using a GimX to see if I could get some of my higher end gear like my Simxperience Accuforce and Protosimtech P1 pedals, fanatec shifter and fanatec handbrake working with PS5 and PSVR2 in Gran Turismo 7; With a half a view to making some content on how to do it, and also hopefully having fun in the process!

So far I've made the Gimx cable myself (because it's out of stock), and it's kinda working with the the Hori controller and a drivehub, but I'm getting inverted force feedback which is a bit of a work-out when using the accuforce! It literally tries to take your arm off when it re-centres itself upon quitting a race!
Anyway I'm in the process of troubleshooting that, so if anyone has any ideas that would be top!

Also I've used an arduino micro, as part of my gimx build and flashed it with the G27 firmware using arduino builder (as per @milmyeongame49 on youtube). However, since doing that though, it now only shows up on my computer for 8 seconds at a time. So that's interesting! I guess I won't be able to flash that again very easily - or maybe at all!
Oh and I was really dumb and it took me ages to realise that TX connects to RX and RX connects to TX! Doh! Slap forehead!

I found a youtube video by Adam's SimPorium very helpful for setting up the config for my wheel and pedals etc, but clearly they didn't have the inverted force feedback issue that I'm getting!

Anyway, that's me! Hello Everyone!
GoDlike

Re: Hi, I'm CorporateZombi

Post by GoDlike »

Hello!
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
ckaiycool

Re: Hi, I'm CorporateZombi

Post by ckaiycool »

Hello :D