Easy Automated Raspbian Image for using G27 as G29 with USB

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
cortega1

Re: Easy Automated Raspbian Image for using G27 as G29 with USB

Post by cortega1 »

Dasato wrote:Wait, wait, wait, are you meaning you have a RPI3 and GIMX is working properly?? I got to set up everything and PS4 recognized the G27, but after a few minutes playing any game the G27’s led starts blinking and I get a LIBUSB_TIMEOUT_ERROR in GIMX. So I have to restart the PI.

If it works for 1 or 2 hours it would be ok, but it works only for a few minutes!!

I finally give up believing there was a compatibility problem with the Pi 3 that’s why I bougth a Pi2!!

Could you please post the image file?

I hope to get the PI2 doesn’t fail or I’ll have a glorious brickPI…

PD: If I use the same DIY, the same cables, the same everything with the PC (W7, GIMX 5.7) I can play a whole day without problem. To discard a default USB cable I tried several ones. Same problem with the RPI3 and no problem with the PC
Yes, I have a RPi 3 up and running on my PS4, and I'm still powering and communicating with it via 1 ps4 usb port. I also haven't set it up to have bluetooth and wifi off yet either. I haven't run the setup for a really long duration, just a few races at a time to test it out to see how much power was being drawn. I will try an endurance test next time I get a chance and let you know how my setup fairs. The times I have tried it I haven't run any issues and they had to be at least 30 minute each time. Like I mentioned, I'll also work on putting that setup footage together. I'll probably just post what I have when I get a chance and mention what I didn't get footage of and film it again if I take the time.
Dasato

Post by Dasato »

So, bad news for me because if you are running Pi3 without problems, nothings gives me a guarantee about PI2… maybe some cable or the DIY itself is wrong. But it¡s strange because, as I said, using a PC everything is fine.

I hope to receive it this week. I’ll comment the result.

Thanks for the info
cortega1

Post by cortega1 »

Dasato wrote:So, bad news for me because if you are running Pi3 without problems, nothings gives me a guarantee about PI2… maybe some cable or the DIY itself is wrong. But it¡s strange because, as I said, using a PC everything is fine.

I hope to receive it this week. I’ll comment the result.

Thanks for the info
I believe all of the images posted have the correct kernel for up to the RPi 2 (But I haven't tried bertie's yet). My experience with cables and GIMX is either they work or they don't, but if you've got extras to try I'd give that a shot. Do you use your RPi for anything else? Both of my RPi setups have just been for GIMX exclusively.
Dasato

Post by Dasato »

I've tried lot of cables, all works fine in PC, all fails in the same way with the Pi3. I've a 8Gb SD Card where I installed Raspbian, GIMX and VNC Server to get access. That’s all.

I’ve another 32Gb SD card with Retropie.
cortega1

Post by cortega1 »

Dasato wrote:I've tried lot of cables, all works fine in PC, all fails in the same way with the Pi3. I've a 8Gb SD Card where I installed Raspbian, GIMX and VNC Server to get access. That’s all.

I’ve another 32Gb SD card with Retropie.
Have you tried a firmware update on your RPi 3 Raspbian? That was the first thing I did when setting up GIMX on the RPi 3. Besides not running VNC on mine, that about the only thing I could think of that might be different.

sudo rpi-update
sudo reboot

or any of the other two in the firmware update of the GIMX RPi wiki (http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=RPi)
Dasato

Post by Dasato »

If i update It gimx doesnt work at all. I dont know It there is a New update since I did It.
cortega1

Post by cortega1 »

Dasato wrote:If i update It gimx doesnt work at all. I dont know It there is a New update since I did It.
When I set mine up, the first thing I did was update the jessie image I downloaded from raspberrypi.org. That was on june 30th. Did you happen to see what the date of your update was when you did it. I couldn't find the footage the actual firmware update, but I did see the page for the link in my last post and now it has 2 new additions that were not there when I did my update on the 30th.
-----------(These are new)
If you have issues with the latest firmware, install the following instead:

sudo rpi-update 771a503cfc2a1130e2df2a4ddfc45ffa0f592b3f
sudo reboot

Tested Rpi firmware:

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 4.1.21+ #873 Mon Apr 11 18:00:37 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux
-----------

I guess trying the suggested update might help..? When I get a chance I will try to get my hands on another micro sd ($4 on sale at frys right now) and try to go through the process again and see if I have any issues. Not sure when I'll have the time though... Hopefully next week thursday..?
Dasato

Post by Dasato »

As son as I get my new PI2 I'll try all your sugestions and I'll post the results.

Thanks
jonixGT

Post by jonixGT »

Does anyone know if the Rpi2 model B has any autopower off passed 8 minutes? I didn't update my Rpi2 (I really don't know how to do it...) and I play normally with the 2 images (waveform and bertie's) but for only about 8 minutes... This thing is driving me crazy...!!!

I had posted in the forum a help request but without any answer until now :( ...

Thank you very much in advance.

jonixGT
Dasato

Post by Dasato »

Do you get an error on the log or just the rpi turn off completly?