Game chat options - xbox one

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
tmeshleman

Game chat options - xbox one

Post by tmeshleman »

edit: I'm sorry I accidentally posted this in the configurations area instead of GIMX discussion. Could someone move it for me ?

Hello all!

I've been using a DIY USB adapter with my xbox one for a little now, and its wonderful. I love having the freedom to play the way I want to play with my friends. I upgraded to windows 10 and have been using the xbox app with much success. I can stream the xbox to my PC with the app. While the video is pretty laggy, the audio is close enough that it doesn't bother me. As long as I join a party with the xbox app, everything works great.

Fast forward a bit to the this past weekend. I participated in The Division open beta. It was great fun! The Division supports in-game group chat as well as a proximity enabled chat feature for communicating with other nearby players. I was unable to get this feature to work properly - my guess is because I was using GIMX for input and it was looking for a headset connected to the controller. Is there currently a way to participate in game chat while using GIMX and a DIY USB adapter ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Matlo

Re: Game chat options - xbox one

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

GIMX does not support audio. I'm not sure it could be done using the DIY USB adapter because of bandwidth constraints.
On PS4 the solution is to use an external usb headset, but it looks like this option is not possible on Xbox One :(
GIMX creator
tmeshleman

Post by tmeshleman »

Thank you for the answer, Malto. I appreciate it.

I've been looking around and it seems that there are now "fully wireless" chat headsets for xb1 that use a seperate USB adapter. I will be picking one of these up from a local shop and testing it out - probably the cheapest one I can find. I'm hopeful it will work for me.
sephirotdnf

Post by sephirotdnf »

I use second controller (witch 3.5mm jack) to chat.
As long as you identify both controllers with your profile (settings > devices) one is working as device (GIMX) and second as chat source.
You just have to remember to move second controller from time to time as it will automatically disconnect after some time of no movement.
beedee

Post by beedee »

tmeshleman wrote:Thank you for the answer, Malto. I appreciate it.

I've been looking around and it seems that there are now "fully wireless" chat headsets for xb1 that use a seperate USB adapter. I will be picking one of these up from a local shop and testing it out - probably the cheapest one I can find. I'm hopeful it will work for me.
These are what I have been using.

Afterglow - AG 9 Model: 048-056-NA SKU: 4353529

They do not compare to my Sennheiser HD25 II but it gets the job done.

Bryan
Xbox One User trying to run GimX with Windows 10
tmeshleman

Post by tmeshleman »

I got a Turtle Beach 420x headset and it works exactly as I want it to. Full chat support and GIMX for input. Great success!
Cybereu

Post by Cybereu »

sephirotdnf wrote:I use second controller (witch 3.5mm jack) to chat.
As long as you identify both controllers with your profile (settings > devices) one is working as device (GIMX) and second as chat source.
You just have to remember to move second controller from time to time as it will automatically disconnect after some time of no movement.
PS4 or Xone ?
sephirotdnf

Post by sephirotdnf »

He wrote about Xbox One.
I use the same config fro Gimx. :D
Only thing you need to remember it disconnects after some time of being inne.