Any feedback from XBOX ONE users?

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
PET God

Any feedback from XBOX ONE users?

Post by PET God »

Hey guys, I found this forum looking for a cheaper alternative to the XIM4 for xbox one, and I'm really anxious to build one of these; but I have a few questions. It doesn't seem like many people use this for XBOX ONE? I only see PS4 threads. I'd love to hear some feedback from users using this on XBOX ONE.

Does this work with Destiny on XBOX ONE and does anyone have any feedback on feedback response? I've been gaming on PC my whole life, but recently switched to X1 bc that's all my friends play on. I'm a competitive player and need something that has a quick response/no lag. So any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

I'd also love to hear feedback about anything else I might need to know regarding GIMX and X1. Can't wait to hear a response and I hope that I hear that it is working!

EDIT: Also, is the Logitech G9 a sufficient mouse, or should I buy something with a higher DPI? Max DPI on the G9 is only 3200dpi I believe.
tmeshleman

Re: Any feedback from XBOX ONE users?

Post by tmeshleman »

Hello there PET God,

I'm a very satisfied xbox one user. I've been using the DIY USB setup for 5-6 months. I actually got this setup to play Destiny with my friends - The Taken King Hard Modes are pretty fun with a mouse. Very similar situation to you - been a PC gamer my entire life and for some reason all my PC gaming friends decided that crisp graphics and a reasonable framerate weren't what they wanted in a gaming experience. So I made the switch - for social gaming, anyway. I've played quite a few different games with my DIY USB adapter - I don't believe there are any compatibility issues to be concerned with.

The mouse I'm using is a Roccat Kone XTD 8400 DPI - I would recommend a decently high DPI mouse to really get the right "feeling" from your input. I've not noticed any input lag, once the setting are properly configured. When first setting up an input profile for a new game, things will definitely feel laggy or muddy. Every game has different input profiles, levels of acceleration etc etc. I'm still not very good at building a mouse profile for new games, myself. The commercially available devices will be a bit easier in that regard - they have a large community creating input profiles for new games. We have a request section in this forum, but its not nearly as active.

There are complication surrounding voice chat. If your host PC happens to be running Windows 10, you can use the xbox app (game streaming) and a windows headset to do party chat all day every day. It works great once you realize that you have to join and start parties through the xbox app. If you join or start a party through the xbox interface, your headset will not work.

Here's what I would weigh your options - Do you like to fiddle with things ? Are you ok if when you sit down to do something, you have to mess for a bit, plug or unplug a few times to get it to work correctly. Are you broke ? If all of these things are true, GIMX might be the option for you.

Do you want things to work the first time, every time ? If so, then using a keyboard and mouse on a console probably isn't right for you.

I hope I could shed some light on this for you. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
-Tim
PET God

Post by PET God »

Thank you so much for your response! I'm totally cool with toying around with configs, I just really wanted to get a confirmation that destiny was playable with GIMX on X1 from someone before I spent the money on a USB adapter instead of investing it towards an expensive XIM4. I've actually found a store in Houston that sells the Teensy 2.0 so I'm going to go pick it up after work today. Though, they don't have the specific USB to UART adapter listed on the wiki so I'm trying to locate a store that has one and hopefully going to get this setup tonight or tomorrow. They don't have the one with pins, so it would be okay for me to just use a breadboard if I didn't want to solder, correct?

Would you mind sending me your Destiny config by any chance? Would probably save me tons of time.
DESTINY-MAN

Post by DESTINY-MAN »

if you just want to save time, then just buy a stuff in store, such as Cross Hair converter or CM. They are cheaper options with acceptable effect.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

This thread is old and PET God already got an adapter...
And I would not recommend buying a CM since they are stealing from the Titan One.
GIMX creator