[Tutorial] Logitech G27 (and other wheels) on PS4 using Pi

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
Matlo

Re: [Tutorial] Logitech G27 (and other wheels) on PS4 using Pi

Post by Matlo »

Make sure that your game has support for the G29, and use the LogitechG27_G29.xml configuration that is available to download from the "Help>Download configs" menu in gimx-launcher.
GIMX creator
choprocker

Post by choprocker »

Hi,

I've done everything from the tutorial for a G27, using a Raspberry Pi 1 with a Teensy v2... but when I plug it in my DS4 never flashes yellow so the wheel is never recognised.

Any ideas where I can begin to troubleshoot what's going on? Is there a particular log file I should be inspecting? I've tried the obvious things like double checking the wiring and replacing usb cables.

Thanks.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Please start a new topic in the support section and provide the details requested in the "read before posting" topic.
GIMX creator
choprocker

Post by choprocker »

Thanks mate, will do
eurospike

Post by eurospike »

Hi choprocker did you start a new post as I have exactly the same problem and no idea how to start fault finding this
RacingPoppe

Post by RacingPoppe »

Just found this post and really like the idea of the smaller setup. I'm going to try to set this up tonight and try to eliminate extra cables and usb hub I need now.

I read about the accidental swapping of the resistor labels and saw some text that isn't updated yet (I think), just above "B) NEEDED SKILLS" there is "Note 1" and there it states "But u always have to connect the smaller one to the GND solder point of the 'Teensy'" but i think it has to be the bigger resistor when I'm reading "D) SOLDERING" at point b) "Solder the 3.3 kOhm resistor at the solder point of the black cable".
RacingPoppe

Post by RacingPoppe »

I've tried it and it worked. Great tutorial. Very pleased with the smaller setup.
odelot

Post by odelot »

Thank you Rudi. You should add a paypal donate button.
Pr2

Post by Pr2 »

Hello! I cannot understand how you have connected a teensy without using CP2102 or other USB to UART interface! Could you please clear this out?? Thx, im trying to do the same but using arduino micro.
Dom_Christo

Post by Dom_Christo »

Thanks for the tutorial.
Somewhat familiar with the hardware required, do you think this could be used as an alternative to the teensy board?

https://www.tindie.com/products/onandof ... -pi-abpi2/

Cheers,
Dom