How to interface with another arduino

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
derp69

How to interface with another arduino

Post by derp69 »

USB to serial adapter (CP2102)
Arduino Leonardo (atmega32u4) with v5.8 EMU360

I want to send commands to the board that interfaces with the console as a controller (the Leonardo) using another microcontroller (Arduino UNO) instead of the GIMX program. I basically want to play a game using external sensors and inputs (LDR's, vibration sesnors and other switches) that don't interface with a computer so I have to use another arduino to either send commands directly to theLeonardo or via serial to the computer and then interface that with GIMX.

Sending commands directly to the Leonardo without the GIMX program sounds easiest but I haven't been able to reverse engineer the commands sent out from GIMX/serial adapter. Could somebody enlighten me here? I've tried reading at 500K baud rate and several other common ones but I only ever get gibberish when using another serial converter to read commands in parallel to the Leonardo or even when replacing the Leonardo with a serial adapter after spoofing. Any idea what baud right might work?

If none of that makes sense or sounds feasible, I'm guessing I'll have to simulate key-presses and mouse movement using a program that converts serial to windows events?

Any help would be much appreciated,
Thank you.
Matlo

Re: How to interface with another arduino

Post by Matlo »

As the question is not related to any supported feature, I moved the topic to the GIMX discussion section.

Did you notice the Xbox 360 requires authentication for controllers?

The protocol is defined in this file:
https://github.com/matlo/GIMX/blob/refa ... protocol.h
And the serial communications are handled in this file:
https://github.com/matlo/GIMX/blob/994b ... /adapter.c
GIMX creator
McSpidey

Re: How to interface with another arduino

Post by McSpidey »

Curious how the OP went with this project? I'm also interested in using the GIMX adaptor as a custom input device.