Arduino DIY + Rpi 2 + G27 + PS4 problem

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
jonixGT

Arduino DIY + Rpi 2 + G27 + PS4 problem

Post by jonixGT »

Hi,

I'm almost crazy with a problem that I have in my setup and I can't find a solution. I need your help and I'm sure that some of you knows what I'm feeling.

The system starts working normally (the G27 turns from one side to another twice) and I must confirm with the DS4 (X) to enter with my PSN user. Then I must press the most left button in the G27 speedshifter to log in again with the G27. At this time everything it's OK. I control the PS4 with G27 buttons and I can play Project Cars and Assetto Corsa for about 8 minutes. After that I can feel some force on the wheel, but the car keeps running without my control (steering wheel, pedals, buttons, nothing works). I tried this using the power supply in Rpi2 of an Acer Iconia charger (2A) and connecting directly in a USB control port in PS4. The result is the same.

My system is DIY Arduino Leonardo ProMicro ATmega32u4 5V/16MHz + USB 2.0 TO RS232 UART TTL Serial CP2104 (with Tx and Rx crossed) + Raspberry Pi2 model B with micro SD with the image GIMX 5.7 Automated Rasbian Image for Logitech G29 USB - 06/04/2016 (cortesy of waveform https://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1435 ) and G27. Everything is connected directly into Rpi2 (3 USB) that connect with PS4 by the DIY USB.

Any suggestion, please? I' really anxious to race again with my old G27...

By the way, what should I start first: the PS4 then the Rpi2 or the Rpi2 first then the PS4? Once in a while I must repeat the start because it doesn't work.

I'm a complete noob in this kind of things (Arduino, Rpi2, etc.). I just followed the instructions.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

jonixGT

*** Edit ***

I tested with bertie image in Assetto Corsa with the Rpi2 power supplied by PS4 port and it also crashed after 8 minutes. The FFB also looks to me a little bit different from the other image (by waveform). Any ideia what to do? I'm almost crazy with this...

Thank you.

jonixGT
jonixGT

Re: Arduino DIY + Rpi 2 + G27 + PS4 problem

Post by jonixGT »

EUREKA!!! I think I solved the 8 minutes problem...!!!

After almost get mad with this, I try to connect the USB in the Rpi2 just like mentioned in http://www.steve-marton.com/gimx/?p=101 , in their respective positions (I know that he's talking about a Rpi3, but I try it).

Then, I suppose that it was by "accident", I turn on the PS4 with the ON/OFF button instead of do it with the PS button on the DS4 as I always do. For my surprise and glad everything start working well for more than half an hour. After that I try it again for almost an hour and stills working fine.

Now I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I don't care. I will keep proceed as described and start enjoying the G27 running on PS4!

Thank you all for your support, especially to Matlo for made this dream come true!

See you on racing track!