Driving Force GT emulation on PS3

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
gt_fan

Driving Force GT emulation on PS3

Post by gt_fan »

Is it possible to create firmware for the Logitech Driving Force GT for use with a PS3.

I am using the EMUG27PS3 with my Fanatec Wheel and Pedals and it works fine. The only thing missing from this is a PS button that allows you to exit the game and move around in the UI.

On a PS4 using the EMUG29PS4 firmware, the PS button works very well and if you could duplicate this on a PS3 firmware, it would be most appreciated.

Also, I've noticed that on the main page of the wiki, the EMUG27PS3 firmware is no longer mentioned. No sure if it is a typo or that there will no more firmware for the G27 on a PS3.
Matlo

Re: Driving Force GT emulation on PS3

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
Sadly I don't have time for this. And the DFGT also has a limitation (no H-shifter).
gt_fan wrote:Also, I've noticed that on the main page of the wiki, the EMUG27PS3 firmware is no longer mentioned. No sure if it is a typo or that there will no more firmware for the G27 on a PS3.
Fixed.
GIMX creator
gt_fan

Post by gt_fan »

Matlo wrote:Hi,
Sadly I don't have time for this.

Fixed.
That's cool, I know you're busy.

Is this something anyone else could do? Just point us in the right direction.

Also, thanks for fixing the wiki page.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Firmware source code is here: https://github.com/matlo/GIMX-firmwares
I have the DFGT wheel, and I can provide the USB descriptors that are needed for a new firmware.

Software needs a few updates, mostly in shared/controller, core/adapter.c and config/gimx-config.cpp.
Any software work should be based on the refactoring branch.
GIMX creator
gt_fan

Post by gt_fan »

Matlo wrote:Firmware source code is here: https://github.com/matlo/GIMX-firmwares
I have the DFGT wheel, and I can provide the USB descriptors that are needed for a new firmware.

Software needs a few updates, mostly in shared/controller, core/adapter.c and config/gimx-config.cpp.
Any software work should be based on the refactoring branch.
Ok, thanks. I'll have a look to see if I can make any sense of it.