[Quick Tutorial] DFGT on PS4, Arduino Leonardo

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
bad_bo

Re: [Quick Tutorial] DFGT on PS4, Arduino Leonardo

Post by bad_bo »

Did you change the name on the of the wheel on "LogitechDrivingForceGT_G29_W10.xml"?

If you didn't, open that xml file and see the name it has and compare it with the name you are getting for your wheel on your PC. Like I mentioned in the tutorial. And still, switch the RX>TX until or vice versa, until you get it working.

I see, you are a little frustrated, I know, I felt like that too, but it is just a matter to having the correct parts. Still, I can't tell if the ones that you have are the correct ones.
drivgimp

Post by drivgimp »

ok I guess I can retry

BUT one more thing.

I had the usb part in a usb hub connected to my pc.

However, when I went to take it out it was so so so HOT!!! burnt my fingers almost. This is not correct? Could start a fire or big problems?

So this is scary?
bad_bo

Post by bad_bo »

That is so weird, mine is not like that. Never hot.

Why dont you try connecting it directly to the PC instead?
drivgimp

Post by drivgimp »

yes I will try that mate!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

drivgimp wrote:However, when I went to take it out it was so so so HOT!!! burnt my fingers almost. This is not correct? Could start a fire or big problems?

So this is scary?
It's probably broken. Stop using it, it may damage your computer USB port.
GIMX creator
chamuko1691

Post by chamuko1691 »

hey all im having trouble intalling the software into the arduino. in the website it says to install the aruino.inf file, but all it comes up as is just a text? any help would be appreciated.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

You have to follow the wiki instructions to the letter: save the two files into the same folder, right click on the Arduino.inf file, and click on Install.
GIMX creator
chamuko1691

Post by chamuko1691 »

So i saved the inf file and the cat file in 1 folder. I use the sketch emups4 atmega32u4 and leonardo. I press com 3 and it says error code 1 no new port found.
I disconnect and reconnect the usb and also tried pressing the reset button and nothing. Am i missing something. Does anything else need to be connected.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I answered in the other topic, in the support section. Please don't double post.
GIMX creator
Hincey

Post by Hincey »

Hello.

I am a complete novice with this. I had a few cheap ftdi adapters both FT232RL chips not the recommended FT232R ones and went out and brought an Arduino Leonardo as it was the best I could get in a hurry.

I'm also getting "error code 1 no new port found." I believe it also has something to do with this advice previously given
You have to follow the wiki instructions to the letter: save the two files into the same folder, right click on the Arduino.inf file, and click on Install.
Download the Arduino Leonardo drivers and save them into the same folder:
Could you elaborate? I have downloaded arduino driver 1.6.4 and in it is the arduino.inf and the arduino.cat files. I've right clicked the .inf one and installed. What else am I missing or is it a problem with the ftdi chip? I've locally sourced a FT232R but it would nice to know if it's a hardware problem or a user error (more likely) 😋