fanatec pedals w/ G29 on PS4

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
h0petortur3

fanatec pedals w/ G29 on PS4

Post by h0petortur3 »

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone managed to get the fanatec CSR elite pedals to work with g27 wheel on ps4. Gimx works just fine with the g27 pedals, but the edit config app does not seem to get input from the fanatec pedals.
If you have a solution please share.
Ty.
gt_fan

Re: fanatec pedals w/ G29 on PS4

Post by gt_fan »

To get the Fanatec pedals working, I installed the Fanatec wheel drivers. After install, use gimx config to see if it recognizes your pedals - in the axis tab.

This is what part of my xml looks like. I'm using a G27 and CSR Elite pedals,

Code: Select all

<axis_map>
        <axis id="rel_axis_0" label="wheel">
          <device type="joystick" id="0" name="Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB"/>
          <event type="axis" id="0" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.0039" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="abs_axis_17" label="gas">
          <device type="joystick" id="0" name="Fanatec USB Pedals"/>
          <event type="axis" id="0" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.008" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="abs_axis_18" label="brake">
          <event type="axis" id="1" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.008" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="abs_axis_19" label="clutch">
          <event type="axis" id="2" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.008" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
      </axis_map>
      <joystick_corrections_list>
        <correction low_value="32767" low_coef="-8192" high_value="0" high_coef="0">
          <event type="axis" id="0"/>
        </correction>
          <event type="axis" id="1"/>
        </correction>
          <event type="axis" id="2"/>
        </correction>
      </joystick_corrections_list>

Aitrui

Post by Aitrui »

I'm trying to get this working also, but the gimx doesn't recognize the CSR elite pedals. I tried every possible driver, changing the config files, nothing works.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the CSR elite pedal, because I tried a fanatec clubsport V3, and it did work, without changing anything in the config, or using any specific driver. It even works with the w10 own HID compatible driver.

Any suggestion what can I do, to get this CSR elite working with the gimx?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Are your pedals detected in gimx-config?
GIMX creator
Aitrui

Post by Aitrui »

I just figured out, why we couldn't get it working. Now it works.

Till Gimx version 5.6 the fanatec CSR elite pedal get's detected, and works, but the later versions doesn't recognize at all. Something changed in the GIMX software itself I guess, I tried all of the versions on win10_64bit and win7_32bit, and only the 5.4 , 5.5, 5.6 works with the CSR elite pedal.
Aitrui

Post by Aitrui »

I finally tested CSR elite pedals with the ps4, and it sadly with assetto corsa all the inputs are inverted, so gas, brake, clucth is on 100%, if pushed goes down to 0%. Impossible to play like that.

On project cars, without calibration in the game, works as the same in assetto, but because there is an option to detect the inputs, I can calibrate them and they work. The only problem is the resolution. When I push the gas around 60% the game recognize as 100%. So the rest of the pedal travel till the maximum is not recognized. The brake and the clutch works the same, but because of the load cell brake potentiometer on the CSR elite, I was able to hit 100% braking force.

Is there any way around this resolution problem? I'm guessing the game can't recognize over the resolution of the g29 pedals, because we emulate g29 wheel. Any idea how to solve this?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

GIMX creator
gt_fan

Post by gt_fan »

I can confirm that Gimx 6.4 can now detect my Fanatec CSR Elite pedals when connected directly to the pc. Thanks @matlo
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Thanks for your feedback. There was indeed a regression introduced with version 5.7.
GIMX creator
matrx10503

Post by matrx10503 »

gt_fan wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:29 am To get the Fanatec pedals working, I installed the Fanatec wheel drivers. After install, use gimx config to see if it recognizes your pedals - in the axis tab.

This is what part of my xml looks like. I'm using a G27 and CSR Elite pedals,
Hello, can you re-confirm. You can use G27 and CSR Elite pedals (by plugging usb directy to computer) with GIMX on PS4 console?
Current Setup: Fanatec GT3 RS + G25/27 Pedals + GIMX