Is there any way to also add an USB flying joystick as a handbrake?

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
topotamolder

Is there any way to also add an USB flying joystick as a handbrake?

Post by topotamolder »

I'm sorry if this was already asked or if it's a dumb question. I'm new to the forums and I will be getting my adapter later today.

Like the tittle says , when I play dirt rally and on PC I like to use an old USB flying stick as a handbrake. Any chance to also being able to use it on PS4 through gimx (working in analog mode if possible)?

Thanks in advance
bad_bo

Re: Is there any way to also add an USB flying joystick as a handbrake?

Post by bad_bo »

I think the best one to answer that is Matlo, but just thinking about your question (which is a good one), it would be a customized configuration. I think, they would need to know what model of the flying stick you are using and implement it in the wheel profile (you are using on the PS4).... But i am not a programmer and I don't know how complicated it would be to make it happen.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

If it just looks as a standard joystick to your operating system then it can be used.
It will only be possible to get it work in analog mode if the control used by the game is an axis.
If the handbrake is controlled through a button it won't be possible.
GIMX creator
topotamolder

Post by topotamolder »

Thanks for the quick answers guys, you are awesome.

I just checked and the joystick appears with a regular "usb game controller" icon.

I'm not sure about dirt rally, but it uses a regular button as the handbrake. But on pc when I mapped the handbrake into the joystick axis I would swear I was definitely getting analog handbraking. Depending on how hard I pressed it the braking would be stronger.

Anyways I will try later and report back.

Thank you both