[Bug?] G25 face buttons doesn't work (at least on Driveclub)

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
fabiobad

[Bug?] G25 face buttons doesn't work (at least on Driveclub)

Post by fabiobad »

Hello!

I have a DIY Arduino adaptor, it works really well but sadly the two red face buttons of G25 doesn't work, I can only try on Driveclub so I don't know if it's an issue that is present with other driving games or only DC.
I mean those two red buttons:

The other buttons (like on the shift) works with no issues, but those two don't do anything.

I downloaded the G25 to G29 profile with Gimx, is that an know issue?

Thank you very much for any help ^^
Matlo

Re: [Bug?] G25 face buttons doesn't work (at least on Driveclub)

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
You can use gimx-config to map them to your liking:
https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Co ... imx-config
GIMX creator
fabiobad

Post by fabiobad »

Matlo wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:08 am Hi,
You can use gimx-config to map them to your liking:
https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Co ... imx-config
Hello!
Thanks for the answer, I used the Gimx Confing and I get what was the issue... the front buttons aren't binded at all in the "LogitechG25_G29.xml" profile!

So I added the two buttons with the auto-detect function and binded to L2 and R2 (how it should be).

This is the .xml edited, like I said I have only added the two face buttons, so now they work, maybe it will be usefull for other people with the same problem ^^
https://ufile.io/f2b161
solidus2

Post by solidus2 »

I'm having the exact same issue with the red buttons on the wheel - L2/R2 also doesn't work on the plugged-in controller - and I was happy to see that you created an updated config file. Unfortunately the download seems to have expired. Do you have it uploaded somewhere else?

@Matlo: Would be really nice if this update would be included for the G25 profile in the official GIMX distribution...
solidus2

Post by solidus2 »

Got it working earlier after some headaches. First challenge was that I use my G25 via a non-GUI Raspberry Pi and the gimx config app doesn't work without GUI :o. Since I don't currently have a PC I ended up having to Bootcamp into Win10 on my Mac so to generate the xml. After installing Logitech's drivers I was happy to see that the gimx launcher found both the G25 and PS4 controller and all seemed good. Loaded the bundled LogitechG25_G29.xml and used auto detect to add the missing two buttons. Saved the updated xml and moved it over to my Raspberry PI.

This is when it all went wrong. It turned out that mapping for most buttons was now completely off :shock:. Somehow, whether because I generated it on iMac hardware, or the distributed file was wrong but the wheel was not working anymore. Compared the new file to the original working one I had and there were something like 20- 30 mapping differences between them. After some experimentation I ended up taking my original file and adding only the code for the missing two buttons, which finally made it all work as it should have been. Pheeww! :mrgreen:

For anyone interested, here is the missing code for the wheel - with wheel name changed to what I had in my original file:

Code: Select all

<button id="abs_axis_13" label="">
          <device type="joystick" id="0" name="G25 Racing Wheel"/>
          <event type="button" id="7"/>
        </button>
        <button id="abs_axis_14" label="">
          <device type="joystick" id="0" name="G25 Racing Wheel"/>
          <event type="button" id="6"/>
        </button>
This code goes inside anywhere in the <button_map> section of the file.

I will play around some more and will try to get the PS4 controller also have those two buttons working. Will post it here if it's good. Hopefully they will make it into the distributed xml file...