Use G29 as G27?

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
Demodulator

Use G29 as G27?

Post by Demodulator »

Hello, total noob here,
I've bought a Logitech G29 almost a month ago, having read tons about it, but mising the most important thing which at the time I ignored,
so now I'd like to know if I could use my G29 as a G27, because the game I'm trying to play is on PC and G27 wheel has full support for it, while G29 is undriveable. Here is for investing more money in the wheel than I should have.
So, having read tons about workarounds I stumbled upon GIMX, it's mostly used the other way around, for use on PS4, but I need full support for PC, on the other topic it said that I'd still need the adapter, how does this work exactly?
GoDlike

Re: Use G29 as G27?

Post by GoDlike »

Yes you can, like with any other wheel.

Easiest way will be to buy official adapter. Then you plug both ends to PC, load EMUG27PC firmware, start the gimx, use a config and play. PC will detect new device as G27.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Demodulator

Post by Demodulator »

I was editing the config file and got it to say "this config seems ok" or something in those lines, so I guess it detects my wheel, if I have any trouble will cry more :D
Will try buying the adapter then.
Demodulator

Post by Demodulator »

Ok, so I got the adapter and it works as intended, big thanks :D
Now I only have one problem, since I am using it to play on the same PC the game still detects the old wheel as well as the new one, is there a way to block the original device from being detected by the target application? (the game detects my G29 as a wheel, but has no settings for it, so it messes up with the settings like steering, combined pedals)
I have an old laptop and could run the setup from there, but it's not that convenient, if there is no other way I guess I'll just do that, appreciate any help!
Demodulator

Post by Demodulator »

So, I finally had enough time to mess with the setup, so I'm not entirely sure what's wrong, I'm mapping everything in the config to corresponding controls, on my 2nd computer my G29 gets detected as G27, but wherever I go to game controllers (in devices and printers) it's all messed up, I can't calibrate it, pressing some buttons makes the wheel go crazy just turning by itself (even trying to turn over the limit and just bouncing back multiple times). The only thing that more or less works is the wheel itself, I wish I could configure buttons though, could use some help with config.

Edit: alright I managed to make the buttons work, but is the wheel supposed to act like crazy in the Logitech G27 Racing Wheel Properties?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

If you need any support please start a new topic in the support section, and provide the requested details.
viewforum.php?f=5
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=691
GIMX creator