G27 - RPI3 - ARDUINO PRO MICRO

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
Pr2

G27 - RPI3 - ARDUINO PRO MICRO

Post by Pr2 »

Hi!

Im trying to build a DIY adapter using RPI3, arduino pro micro and a g27. No USB to TTL device, as CP2102 is planned to be included in my setup.

I've correctly burned the image onto RPI3, my problem becomes on uploading firmware on arduino pro micro. Every time I try to upload atmega32u4.hex firmware, using avrdude i get the following messages

Connecting to programmer: .avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding
Found programmer: Id = ""; type =
Software Version = .; Hardware Version = .�
avrdude: error: buffered memory access not supported. Maybe it isn't
a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

avrdude: error: programmer did not respond to command: leave prog mode
avrdude: error: programmer did not respond to command: exit bootloader

here is my upload "script"
/home/<user>/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino9/bin/avrdude -C/home/<user>/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino9/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega32u4 -cavr109 -P/dev/ttyACM0 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:/home/<user>/atmega32u4.hex:i

Ive tried also gimx-launcher but it tells me to connect the arduino and the CP2012 to the PC, im unable to do it because i dont have CP2102 and im not using PC (im going to work on RPI3). Also I dont understand why is needed to connect arduino to upload firmware.

SOLUTION: Ive found the solution digging on the forum, apparently if you have some program loaded before is matter of speed. You have to plug the board, reset the board and then run fast the script. If not, the board runs your previous script and it's not possible to load a new one

Any help is appreciated!

PD: My arduino is working well so im capable to upload test scripts using arduino software