Several questions about GIMX

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
joeberg1

Several questions about GIMX

Post by joeberg1 »

Hi,

I was thinking of buying this to connect a keyboard and mouse for my PS4 to play games like Battlefield 1 and I have a few questions about it.

- ''Not longer compatible after BF1 update '' , does this mean i cannot play with mouse and keyboard with it? This was listed under ''config index''

- Do I need to purchase any other equipment or can i just use the GIMX with a bluetooth USB for wireless connection to keyboard and mouse?

- I sit too far away from my TV and therefore need wireless keyboard and mouse. Is that a problem?

- It is either buying this to play with mouse and keyboard on PS4 or buying a new gaming laptop. Will it provide a similar experience?

Thanks for your help!
GoDlike

Re: Several questions about GIMX

Post by GoDlike »

1. It means that config is not compatible anymore but we have official BF1 config made by me that's up to date :-) The one you saw is just for archiving purposes.

2. You need an adapter that you connect to your pc and PS4. You can buy official one or DIY. If you don't have experience with soldering and AVR I recommend buying official one. We have a great guide about using it - https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

3.No. You connect it to PC, if it works with pc it'll work with gimx.

4. Well that depends on you. Gaming laptops with even mediocre components are very expensive and gimx is very cheap way to make mouse working on ps4. It also depends on game support. Popular 60 fps games have good input systems and you feel almost like you was playing on PC while some others may have problems, look at the config index playability value.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
joeberg1

Re: Several questions about GIMX

Post by joeberg1 »

Thank you so much for your prompt answer. I will get a GIMX and try that out. I guess its only the adapter I need.