Will GIMX work on PS5?

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
tallmoron

Re: Will GIMX work on PS5?

Post by tallmoron »

Hi,
I just got GT Sport working on PS5 with a Simucube + custom wheel + Drivehub. It should work with PS5 games too.
I took my existing PS4 GimX Setup with the Simucube DD and custom wheel to G29PS4 and connected the PS4 side of the Gimx to a Drivehub device with the latest beta Firmware. Simucube DD + custom wheels are not supported by Drivehub directly.
I connected a Hori wired PS4 controller to the drivehub for authentication and it is running without disconnect. Drivehub detects the G29 und authenticates the contoller. FFB and all other things work as expected.
lostkiwi

Post by lostkiwi »

I had a look into this. PS5 *could* work but not with GIMX in its current state.

So, the PS5 does support a wired PS4 USB controller such as the HORI PAD. GIMX would need to send the auth commands to the HORI (instead of bluetooth DS) and replay these back to the PS5. Will need to ignore all input from the donor gamepad and accept inputs from GIMX only.

Basically, dont use existing auth (Bluetooth DS4) but still use the DS4 or mouse for input. USB commands seem to be the same. Its just that only the auth return needs to be from a wired and supported USB controller. This also means that the PS5 needs to be connected to GIMX via USB. Bluetooth to the console will not work and the USB adapter need to send the HORI USB descriptors.

There might be a way to use the PS5 DS auth but I havent found any info on this as yet. Will need to sniff the BT packets to see but easier to do USB to the PS5 emulating a USB controller.

So, I am looking for the Network Output protocol documentation so I can write an app to do this. Primarily so I can use the OTG port (Jetson Nano) and not use an adapter. This should also work on Pi as I believe it has OTG as well.

EDIT: Found the network protocol under a sub project in the source. The GIMX side is a TCP client I believe.
I am writing this for a Jetson nano so will be otg - no need for an adapter and should be lower latency. This should also be easy enough to port this for the serial protocol for the usual adapters as well - may need a firmware change for the device descriptors to USB PS4 wired Gamepad. Will see if I have time after I have the otg version up and running.

Process will be - GIMX Output type TCP. TCP to a app which handles the connection to the PS5 (via serial or OTG) as a USB controller BUT requests the auth packets from a donor Gamepad also plugged into USB.
fpneves

Post by fpneves »

Hello,

Any progress on this ?

I play F1 2021 on PS5 (both PS4 and PS5 versions) with G25 and GIMX without major issues but only for 10m.

Thanks
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

We're still working on it. Please don't ask for ETA. It's extremely hard to do that. We're encountering new problems on week basis.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
isamu

Post by isamu »

You and matlo both have my support brother. Take your time, I know it's a daunting task but I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say it will be worth the wait. 8-)
Steve_C78

Post by Steve_C78 »

I tried the F1 2021 demo on PS5 with my DFGT and RPi3 and it worked for about 6 minutes after which the connection was lost.
The strange thing is that afterwards I tried to play Dirt Rally 2.0 always on PS5 and after about 10 minutes the steering was no longer responding to commands (which never happened on PS4).
We hope to have a solution soon

Thanks for everything you do ;)
Steve_C78

Post by Steve_C78 »

Hi guys,
how is the work on the adaptation of gimx for PS5 going on?
Are you still having problems?
We hope to hear good news from you soon.

Good job!! :mrgreen:
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Sony just blocked third party ps4 controllers for newer ps5 games. We now have to deal with that too.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
wotzit07

Post by wotzit07 »

Good luck, something else to work around
isamu

Post by isamu »

GoDlike wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:46 pm Sony just blocked third party ps4 controllers for newer ps5 games. We now have to deal with that too.
Damn, no doubt this has something to do with the Chronus Max products allowing players to cheat in Call of Duty. Activision had stated they were gonna reach out to Sony and try and persuade them to block third party party accessories and controllers from working on the PS5. Looks like it's working :(