Connect two steering wheels on PS4 with Gimx

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
tartero

Connect two steering wheels on PS4 with Gimx

Post by tartero »

Good afternoon I would like to know if it is possible to connect two steering wheels to the PS4 to be able to play races with my son in split screen :D

The games I play with split screen are:
Nascar Heat 4, Gran Turismo Sport, WRC 8, Dakar 18

I have two Gimx built by me with a CP2102 USB-Serial adapter and ATMEGA32U4 microcontroller, I also have three DualShock4 for the authentication process.

The Gimx work perfectly if they are connected separately (individually connected to the PS4) being able to adjust all the settings to the liking of the pilot.

The problem appears when I want to connect the two steering wheels at the same time, the PS4 recognizes the first steering wheel and works perfect, but when trying to connect the second steering wheel it ignores it.

I have only managed to get the PS4 to recognize it by loading the EMUPS4.hex onto the second wheel to the ATMEGA32U4, the PS4 recognizes it but it does not work correctly because it does not detect the pedals etc ...

I have also tried different combinations between controls and profiles but it has not detected the second wheel, the only way to detect it is by loading another EMUPS4.hex fireware.

I have the Gimx 8 on Windows 10 with two Logitech Formula EX wheels connected by USB with the fireware EMUG29PS4.hex and separately they work perfect.

I have not read anything in the forum or anywhere about the possibility of connecting two wheels with GIMX, I do not know if it is possible.
Thanks.
Matlo

Re: Connect two steering wheels on PS4 with Gimx

Post by Matlo »

It could be a limitation on the game. Does this happen with all the games you listed?
GIMX creator