Hi

Introduce yourself to the forum before attempting to post elsewhere
rubinho

Hi

Post by rubinho »

Hi,

I stumbled across this project when looking for mods for PS4 controllers (rapid fire, anti-recoil etc.) I live in the UK.

Currently I have a Raspberry Pi and I have just bought an Arduino Micro. I've read most of the site. One thing which still confuses me is whether I need a CP2102 device in addition to the Arduino Micro? I think you do but I am not 100% sure. I'll probably try and get it working all wired first through a PC and then introduce the Pi and Bluetooth.

My last Raspberry Pi project was a temperature controller for an electric BBQ smoker which you can see on GitHub https://github.com/x1rubinho1x/smokerctrl2.

Looking forward to having fun playing around with this!
rubinho

Re: Hi

Post by rubinho »

I figured out that I did need a CP2102 device as well as the Arduino so I grabbed one of Amazon for about £5 with wires. Arrives tomorrow (love Prime)
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Hey. Welcome!

Sorry I didnt see your post before ;)

As long as it's based on atmega32u4 it will work. Yes u need CP2102 too.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Welcome :)
GIMX creator
Pr2

Post by Pr2 »

Hello

Hello everyone and thanks for GIMX!!!
Same doubt arrives me, why is needed CP2102 when ure using arduino micro? Ive read that arduino micro incorporates usb native port so in that case no ttl to usb conversion is needed (principal diference against leonardo as well as the size).

From official website:

"The Micro board is similar to the Arduino Leonardo in that the ATmega32U4 has built-in USB communication, eliminating the need for a secondary processor. This allows the Micro to appear to a connected computer as a mouse and keyboard, in addition to a virtual (CDC) serial / COM port"
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

Have a look at how GIMX work. Two USB interfaces are needed.
GIMX creator