Hello world

Introduce yourself to the forum before attempting to post elsewhere
Pabreetzio

Hello world

Post by Pabreetzio »

Hey guys, I'm glad I finally found the project headquarters. I'm a Chemist, from North Carolina, USA. I'm an active member at Hackerspace Charlotte, and decided that it was time for me to decide on a project to do for myself and run with it. That's what brings me here.

About two weeks ago I set myself on a goal to get my laptop to play the Xbox 360 as if it were a person playing the 360. At the time I had no idea how I was going to do it or what already existed, but I told myself I would just work out one detail at a time. I split the task up into three parts, interpreting the game, deciding what to do, and the third part, controlling the game. Before seeing any of your progress I decided to buy two Teensys, ordered them, and set about accomplishing the first two parts while I waited for them to arrive. Now I've gotten to a point in the first two parts that I'll be able to get something running if I can just interface with the 360, and my Teensys have arrived. Just started programming them last night, hello world kind of stuff. Then I started looking closer at what other projects were in PJRC's list and noticed this one - exactly what I need...almost. I'm really interested in doing whatever it takes to get the 360 controller part of my project working, and I'd be glad to contribute to the code base once I do.
McKack

Re: Hello world

Post by McKack »

Welcome!

I've been very excited about the potential of Xbox 360 support since I first read about it back on Matlo's old blog, so I'm happy and very intrigued to hear about your project and you possibly making use of GIMX to achieve this goal of yours and sharing the code.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Welcome :)

And nice project ^^
GIMX creator
HIGH5

Post by HIGH5 »

Welcome!

Looking forward to see your code in action.