Compile and change code

Talk about anything concerning the source code.
partyzone

Compile and change code

Post by partyzone »

Hello again. We three day try to compile GIMX code by default, but install file have 8mb size without any EXE files inside.
Why we want to do that? We explain:
1) We want change ds4 core for GIMS support DS4 without ORIGINAL gamepad (we have original gamepad, but we want use GIMX without). We try to change VID and PID in code to our vid/pid and recompile - can we do that?
2) Where need to change code for load faster GIMX module, because we have 8 gamepads and we lost about 15 second on loading. We want to change code for connect every COM port in same time without queue, all 8 com port connect in same time without delay for baud rate. We use same adapters and know speed of baud rate. It is possible???
3) And one error about 8 gamepads, but we fix that by launch TWO batch files, this error some solved.
Maybe some VIDEO tutorial how compile GIMX?
LoneWolf81

Re: Compile and change code

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Moved to the correct section

What are you using to compile with and are you getting any other errors ?

Did you read the wiki section https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Development

Also I don't think it will work even if you change the PID as the PS4 would just stop responding to input if no proper authentication is received this is why a genuine controller is required.
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
partyzone

Post by partyzone »

LoneWolf81 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:39 am Moved to the correct section
Thank you
What are you using to compile with and are you getting any other errors ?
Many errors, i can type here code of compile. Did i?
Yes, we do only use this manual.
Also I don't think it will work even if you change the PID as the PS4 would just stop responding to input if no proper authentication is received this is why a genuine controller is required.
And you not sure? Look, we tested GIMX WITHOUT DS4 original gamepad with RemotePlay on windows. Just connect Xbox gamepad, launch GIMX and remoteplay take gamepad and all works well.
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Nowhere did you state you were using it via remote play that's a different scenario. Also from memory I think you are using CH340 based uart boards try with CP2104 they detect faster and are far better quality as most CH340 boards are cheap clones.

As for your other questions just wait for Matlo cant tell you when he will be here as he is very busy.
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
histamine

Post by histamine »

1.If you want to use gimx on ps4 console without any real ps4 controller, you need to dump the authentication key of the ps4 controller and implement authentication algorithm by yourself. Ps4 console will authenticate the controller every 8~10 minutes.You can also bypass this by resetting the gimx adapter every 8~10 minutes at the cost of several seconds unresponding.
If you just want to control ps4remoteplay on windows pc.There's no need to use gimx.You can simply emulate a fake ps4 controller by injecting and hooking hid api or using vigem.

If you mean the pid/vid of the emulated controller, it is hard coded in the adpater's firmware. You need to change the firmware of the adapter.
If you mean the pid/vid of the controller taking authentication command, it's hard coded in shared/gimxcontroller/include/ds4.h. Don't know why you need to change this.

2.You can disable auto baudrate detection and use fixed baudrate. See: core/controller.c:1009
And I believe simultaneously connecting is possible. You need to implement it by youself, either by multi-threading or state machine + event looping. See: core/controller.c:adapter_detect.

I suggest reading the code first.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

There's not much to add to what histamine said.

It should be possible to add an option to force the baudrate to make adapter initialization faster.
https://github.com/matlo/GIMX/issues/671
GIMX creator
partyzone

Post by partyzone »

histamine wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:11 pmhistamine
I write you in PM, can you read?