RP3 + DIY USB + DS4

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
GavWarrior

RP3 + DIY USB + DS4

Post by GavWarrior »

Hello Guys

Well its been a good time while it lasted but my old trusty laptop took a direct hit and died. So I am therefore resurecting getting the RP3 up and running.

Before hand I had been using the bluetooth way but I am going to try the DIY USB adapter. Now my question is a basic one but one that I can't fully find the answer too so please don't shoot me down.

So to connect everything up I plug my PS4 DS4 into the PI using one of the USB ports. Plug the micro usb cable into the teensy 2.0 and also into the PI. Then using the male to female USB cable plug the USB to UART to the PS4?

Can someone let me know if my assumption is correct. I have read the wiki and I just want to make sure my interpretation is correct that is all

Regards

Gavin
Matlo

Re: RP3 + DIY USB + DS4

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

The USB to UART board should be connected to the computer, and the AVR USB board to the gaming console.
GIMX creator
GavWarrior

Re: RPi3 + DIY USB + DS4

Post by GavWarrior »

I have now got this up and working.

Matlo - a personal thank you for the hard work and effort you have put into this. I got the adapter and helped me get that up and running.

This is my setup

https://youtu.be/G8Lsa1NEPRs
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I actually saw the video on youtube before reading this post. I like seeing how people use GIMX :)
GIMX creator
GavWarrior

Post by GavWarrior »

I'm a real fan of your work, I have put a donation forward so I do hope it helps you in some way.

I've done another video to show how I change my config. Not many people use linux but hopefully this will help. I am sure I could have used SCP to do this but I was having a 'Gav' moment so couldn't get it to work but this is fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze3GY-RzbAM

Personally I am chuffed to bits.

Regards

Gavin aka GavWarrior69

PS. If you are shot by me on Battlefield 1 from a distance it is Matlo's fault.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

GIMX creator