GIMX on Raspberry Pi

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
alvin129

Re: GIMX on Raspberry Pi

Post by alvin129 »

I got the program working. It wouldn't see my DIY adapter because the pins on my USB board are slightly different (The ground and power are reversed). Anyway, I solved that problem and now it seems to be working fine. A few months ago I had a problem in Call Of Duty Modern Warefare 2 where the gun would reload every time I shot, but now for some reason it doesn't do that. It also works properly with Infamous and Infamous 2. I got my son Battlefield 4 and Call Of Duty Ghost for Christmas and I can't wait to see him play them. He prefers to play his games on the PC because it is easier for him to use the keyboard and mouse. Now he'll be able to play on the PS3. Thanks for the great work Matlo. It was definitely a fun project to get this working.
mikekay

Post by mikekay »

Only part I think is out of date is the package name in the wiki.
Awesome tutorial just one thing I picked up on --

(getting my pi Monday Model B -- I was testing the process in Qemu install, and such.)

The wget should be http://gimx.fr/download/sixemu_1.12-1_armhf.deb, or it should be run in a broswer first downloaded moved to root, extracted or the command could download and rename then gdebi "renamed file.deb"

the commands are as follows at time of writing:

http://gimx.fr/download/gimx-raspbian.html -O sixemu_1.12-1_armhf.deb
sudo gdebi sixemu_1.12-1_armhf.deb

Later,

Mike k
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I think the name of the file does not matter...
GIMX creator
mikekay

Post by mikekay »

Wouldn't install for me -- but as I said I was using qemu on a Win7 64bit box.
mikekay

Post by mikekay »

Matlo wrote:I think the name of the file does not matter...
You were right the filename does not matter, I was getting a "The package might be corrupted or you are not allowed to open the file. Check the permissions of the file." error

QEMU wouldn't download the entire file using wget -- dont know why after downloading with netsurf worked okay :)

Thanks dude!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

It just works fine for me. The package you downloaded was probably corrupted.
GIMX creator
mikekay

Post by mikekay »

Must have been :| It's all good now. Ordered my TrendNET TDW-107UB. Can wait to start this project and get it up and running :)

Thanks Man, where is the donate button?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

GIMX creator
mikekay

Post by mikekay »

Donated man! -- I know its not much but CAD is not a very powerful currency hehe -- It's enough for a beer which I would buy you in real life!

Have a good one.
shadow_05139

Post by shadow_05139 »

Matlo wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:30 am The pinout can be found there: http://elinux.org/Rpi_Low-level_periphe ... .28GPIO.29

WARNING: the rpi works at 0V/3.3V levels, whereas the teensy works at 0V/5V levels. You should not directly wire outputs of the teensy to any pin of the rpi!
  • connect both GNDs
  • it's safe to connect the tx pin (TXD) of the rpi to the rx pin (D2) of the teensy (using the GIMX teensy firmware, the D2 pin is configured as an input)
  • to connect the tx pin (D3) of the teensy to the rx pin (RXD) of the rpi, you'll need to convert the voltage level from 0..5V to 0..3.3V
    This can be done with a simple resistive divider:

Vin is the D3 pin of the teensy, Vout is the rx pin of the rpi, R1=2.2kΩ , R2=3.3kΩ
  • do not connect any other pin
Note that wiring the tx pin of the teensy to the rx pin of the rpi is only required for the 360 controller spoofing. It doesn't need to be wired for the PS3.

The only remaining issue is to make the serial port run at the right speed (500kbit/s).
Some leads:
I've got the pi side sorted I'm using the tiao Gboard v2 what pins do I hock up to the pi?