Help with mouse calibration [XB1]

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
Abslt_strw

Help with mouse calibration [XB1]

Post by Abslt_strw »

:D Greetings!
I've built my GIMX and everything went amazing (the bindings are my favorite part). But the setting up the mouse is a pain in the back! I've been 2 whole days trying to get a smooth aim in R6S but it doesn't matter the combination the aim is not steady and whenever I move it it look like if I were aiming frame by frame. (I think it's the jerking you all talk about")

I got a Devastator 2 Mouse with the 2000 DPI profile.

Pls any advice in what can I adjust and what I shouldnt touch in the config? And in what "range" I should move the parameters.

The only thing I've got for sure in this 2 days it's a headache with all the aiming flickering haha. :lol: :lol:
GoDlike

Re: Help with mouse calibration [XB1]

Post by GoDlike »

Hey,

Most of games has acceleration between 0.35 and 0.85 and sensitivity varies from 2 to even 15. Game like Siege should have good input system so also adjust sensitivity in game to maximum and then start calibration. Most of games works even on 1600 dpi but if you want to exclude too low dpi value try mouse filtering available in gimx-config. Also check your mouse specification, some manufacturers say it's X dpi but only for some lower range it's hardware dpi support and the biggest mouse supported dpi may come with software interpolation that may cause this jerkiness. Make sure dpi setting you use is hardware supported by your mouse and not interpolated.

Regards,
Daniel
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Abslt_strw

Post by Abslt_strw »

Thanks for the reply! I've been working with the setting and... I've managed to reduce the jerking but it's to slow the sensitivity and going up with it will mess the settings. And I don't know if it's the DZ. Because I set it at -15 and ran "smooth" but it doesn't feel good at all.

Maybe I'm messing with that!
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Hey,

I thought you already did DZ calibration. This is the first thing to do. Turn on DZ test (some games may need to move mouse a little), mouse should start moving, increase/decrease DZ with your mouse wheel until it does not move, when it stops revert to the first moving position. When you're done play a little and then try to change DZ shape to Rectangle and compare if it feels better. DZ shape depends on input implementation on game engine.

Regards,
Daniel
Abslt_strw

Post by Abslt_strw »

Thanks a lot for the assist! I've been working to make it smoother.

For example the value of DZ I've got in R6 is 19. Is the number when it starts to move by itself. And also did the acceleration test and calibration and git everything as best as possible but I still have the trouble of the jerking aim and also... I've lowered the sensitivity to a good point and sometimes the aim goes very fast and sometimes very slow... So, just a bit of calibration!

And I will start tuning the smoothing section. So, any advise with it? Thnx by the way!!
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Sure mate. I'm here to help :-)

A lot of new games uses non linear acceleration that's why you get sometimes fast and sometimes slow movement. You need to find a "golden acceleration value" that makes input right when moving mouse with a typical speed. You already found pretty good spot with calibration tool, now it's just a bit of trial and error playing. Mostly I'm tweaking the value until it feels pretty right, then I make a backup and experiment further. If I make better input then cycle continues until I get the best values. Then I typically play the game for some hours to ensure its working properly.

There are also some games with bugged in game sensitivity options that changes acceleration to impossible values when increasing sensitivity but siege should have pretty good input system.

If you already calibrated it right and it still shows jerkiness then dpi may be too low for that game, try playing with mouse filtering option in gimx-fpsconfig.

I would like to test it but sadly I don't have this game :(
Abslt_strw

Post by Abslt_strw »

Sorry for the late reply mate! I was a little busy doing (insert some excuse here) haha joke... I get back to school so I'm a bit short of time.

I haven't done much tweaking or testing in this time. But I did an experiment. I downloaded the script from a guy who posted a video on YT. His mouse has 5000 dpi. And I set it up just as that. Without swapping any setting I ran the launcher and tried it. The aim was a little jerky but not as much as with my configs. So I tested it and messed up with it... Tried to tune it for a bit but the jerkiness is just going higher and higher... Well... Long short story... I put the same setting in my config file (for my mapped buttons) and... Even putting the same dpi I didn't get the same feeling.

The file from this guy without moving anything feels better that my file copying the settings! That's really weird... So, I'm gonna test further to see any best possible setting to make it better. If I don't see a better feeling I'll try with another mouse.

I saw a mouse in Amazon. It's really cheap and supports up to 7200dpi. Saw some reviews and it seems legit and cool. So, that's my option if I can't figure out how to set up with my rig as it is.