Can GIMX learn from xim3s "smart translators?"

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
sin-_-ister

Can GIMX learn from xim3s "smart translators?"

Post by sin-_-ister »

Hey have sort of trolled this for awhile now. I have a xim 3 but i do game on pc now more often. I own a ps3 and the lack of ps3 support for the xim 3 really annoyed me.

I was wondering if it is possible to somehow learn from xim 3s way of making configurations to help this project?

I know they use video capture device hardware to somehow convert analogue movement to a digital mouse movement creating true 1:1 translation. I'm guessing the use of some specially made software.

Its really lame how they have monopolized the market with their software and still fail to deliver to the ps3 console and solely stick to xbox. They are a great company and all but i really think that they are biased and have minimized good competition in this area.
Matlo

Re: Can GIMX learn from xim3s "smart translators?"

Post by Matlo »

A first step is to test the translation of the xim3. Nobody actually showed how accurate this translation is...
It's not very difficult, the only thing to do is to program a usb dev board that sends precise mouse movements to the xim3 (same movement length at different speeds).
Do you have an AVR USB development board like a teensy?
GIMX creator
sin-_-ister

Post by sin-_-ister »

Hey matlo,

Sorry i dont have teensy or anything. I'm not sure i would know how to do that either. I only have a ps3 and use the chinese adaptor to get it to work on ps3.

Have you tried the xim3? I know their "smart translators" feels more precise compared to "standard translators". I wonder if it would be possible to figure out how they do it.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

If you buy one I can build and upload the firmware to load on the teensy. Loading a firmware is very easy.

Do you have a video capture card?
GIMX creator