GIMX USB Adapter for dummies

Refer to the wiki instead of reading this section.
Matlo

Re: GIMX USB Adapter for dummies

Post by Matlo »

zuxicovp wrote:Would it be possible to modify this so no pc is required except for changing configs?
No. But there are small low-cost PCs like the raspberry pi that are capable of running Linux distros.
There is a thread about it in the General Discussion section: link.
GIMX creator
frederic1

Post by frederic1 »

Hello, is there a site that sells the GIMX USB Adapter ? I'm too scared of breaking my PS3 if I make a mistake.

Thank you !

PS : you can send me a PM if you want to sell it to me. your price will be mine.

PPS : NO MORE HELP NEEDED. I'VE FOUND SOMEONE TO SELL ME THE ADAPTER.
lievenstandaert

Post by lievenstandaert »

Hello,

I ran into the same issue as bCloud09:
I can only get the adapter to work when I first connect the adapter, start up GIMX serial and then power on the PS3.
Once it works I can turn GIMX of/on and unplug/replug the adapter and everything keeps on working.

If I start up the PS3 before GIMX serial or connect the adapter in the game, I get nothing.

The adapter does pass the test as described in the tutorial. Connect to PS3 - turn on PS3 - connect 6-axis - 6axis indicates it is 2nd controller
but after that I can't pass commands to the PS3 from GIMX.

I run windows 7 32 bit and a PS3 'out of the box' not connected to the internet.

My plan:
-look into the firmware for the teensy to see if the code locks up somewhere? Add some LEDs to the Teensy to see what is happening
-update thePS3 by connecting it to the internet and see what happens (?)

Any suggestions where the problem might be?

Am I right in assuming the GIMX system is designed to be able to just plug it into a PS3 at any time and have it enumerate as a PS3-controller?

best, Lieven
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

The usb adapter doesn't enumerate a PS3 controller, it enumerates a generic joystick.
GIMX creator