Did you try on a PC?

The Teensy 3.x are not supported.
The Teensy 2.0 is enough.
GIMX creator
horizons

Re: [TUTORIAL] ~ RPi + GIMX + G27 + PS4 + DriveClub = WORKIN

Post by horizons »

How can I test it with Windows?
I can't see an option for teensy in the GIMX for Windows application.
If i connect the usb board on windows it only says "unknown device" if this was your question.

I have now ordered a Teensy++2.0 hopefully it will work then ;)
regards Horizons
horizons

Post by horizons »

Ok my teensy arrived and i managed to connect my g27 to my ps4 and using it in driveclub it is reallly good to drive even if its currently only emulating a ds4. :D
I used the config.xml from a few posts before http://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6365#p6365.

The only thing I miss (besides FF) is shifting with the pedals on the wheel and also use the 2 lower buttons on the wheel.
I guess this is because the DS4 has only the limited amount of buttons which were all assigned to some g27 buttons and therefore some buttons of the g27 are unused.

In the config there a several button ids not used, how do i get the correct button id from the g27 buttons so I could modify the config.
Is there some "button layout" example?

I also donated 25$ so hopefully you can get your hands on the Thrustmaster T300RS to enable us Force Feedback support and direct usb connect instead of this BT connection.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

horizons wrote: In the config there a several button ids not used, how do i get the correct button id from the g27 buttons so I could modify the config.
Don't modify the config with a text editor, use the gimx-config tool instead.
horizons wrote: I also donated 25$ so hopefully you can get your hands on the Thrustmaster T300RS to enable us Force Feedback support and direct usb connect instead of this BT connection.
Thanks!
GIMX creator
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
I got my Momo Racing wheel to work with my PS4, including force-feedback :)
I wrote some details on the blog.
I still have to make the code handle the other Logitech wheels.
I'll need some help from you guys. If you have any of the following wheels and if you are ready to make some tests for me, please tell it either in this topic or in a private message:
  • Formula Vibration
  • Momo Force
  • Driving Force Pro
  • Driving Force GT
  • G25
  • G27
  • any other Logitech wheel, excluding the Momo Racing and the Formula Force GT
GIMX creator
edu27

Post by edu27 »

Hi folks,
I would like to help.
I have a Logitech Driving Force GT ready for testing and in the future I could make some test in a G27.
I've already ordered all the needed components, (Teensy 2.0, CP2102 and the other components) but I must wait at least 2 or 3 weeks to get it. Shipments from China to Spain are quite slow.

I'm looking forward to read more great news of this project.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi there,

GIMX 5.0 has force feedback support for the PS4!
Thanks to Edu for his huge help :)

I'm still looking for testers for the following wheels:
  • Formula Vibration
  • Momo Force
  • Driving Force Pro
  • G25
GIMX creator
isamu

Post by isamu »

Hello Matlo how are you?! It's been a couple years since we've corresponded. I've juste been made aware of what you've been up to and I am absolutely FLOORED by the progress you've made mate!!!! I remember corresponding with you in another thread about 2 years ago regarding proper FFB wheel support and you were already very enthusiastic about learning how to get it properly implemented. Now we see you have accomplished your goal and I know you must be proud, as are we all! Pat yourself on the back because you have made HISTORY my friend! 8-)

I'll be honest with you, after talking to Jefferson(owner of the TitanOne), I honestly thought HE would be the first one to come out with proper FFB wheel support. But Matlo you have beat him to the punch. I know Jefferson is working hard on it and wants to get it done too though.

Anyway Matlo, just a few comments and questions my friend....

First, tell Edu we all thank him for posting the Youtube videos. We can all clearly see from those vids that this is actually TRUE force feedback effects, not just rumble! AMAZING!

1)My first question is, and please correct me if I'm wrong....am I correct in assuming that this new FFB feature now allows GIMX users to use virtually *ANY* PC Force Feedback wheel on the PS4, or just ones from Logitech? If only Logitech wheels so far, are you working on getting *any* FFB PC wheel working?

2)I noticed you have only mentioned PS4 in your development blogs. But does this new FFB feature allow ffb wheels to work on the PS3 as well? Or just PS4 for now? Can I, for example say, use the OSW Direct Drive FFB wheel I'll be getting soon, which is a very strong Windows Direct Input HID USB device, on my PS3?

3)If yes to number 2, then what wheel does the GIMX emulate on the PS3? Does it emulate the G27? What are all the wheels emulated so far for the PS3? I'm hoping for PS3 support more than PS4 since there are tons of games I have always wanted to play with my PC FFB wheel but can't because the OSW wheel I'm getting doesn't work on any consoles :(

4)Is Xbox one FFB steering wheel support something you are interested in exploring as well? What wheel are you looking to emulate there? Logitech G920? Thrustmaster TX 300?

Oh and just for further info, here is the FFB wheel I am referring to, I expect to have everything I need to be racing on the PC once again after a 3 year hiatus.....

This direct drive wheel is a beast with 30NM of raw force and is capable of serious injury at max power. Certainly not for the faint of heart, but I still would give anything to be able to play Gran Turismo 6 on PS3 with it :twisted:

Anyway looking forward to your replies. Thanks again and congratulations on this history making event! Image
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

1) Only Logitech wheels are supported right now. It's not using DirectInput. I'm not working on getting other brands working.
2) 3) I'll add PS3 support in a future release (G27 or DFGT emulation). This will only be useful for older unsupported Logitech wheels.
4) If someone buys a G920 and provides my enough information, I'll consider adding Xbox One support (for Logitech wheels).
GIMX creator
isamu

Post by isamu »

Thank you kindly for your swift reply MATLO. I appreciate your candid answers.

Shame about no plans for Direct Input. Can I ask, what would it take for you to explore and begin working on DI compatibility for non-Logitech PC only wheels?