(PS4) Unable to get the GIMX adaptor work on PS4 and G27

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
dkch263

(PS4) Unable to get the GIMX adaptor work on PS4 and G27

Post by dkch263 »

Everytime when I installed the USBDK driver on a 64 bit Windows 7, it crashed the driver of the USB contollers and resulting all USB ports not working. I have searched and found from the GIMX installation guide that I can use libusbK instead but I am confused with the steps below.

LibusbK can be used as an alternative. Follow these instructions to use it:

Rename the libusb-1.0.dll file from the C:\Program Files\GIMX folder to libusb-1.0.dll.bk.
Download this libusb package: link.
Open it (with 7zip for example) and extract the libusb-1.0.dll file from the /mingw64/bin/ folder to the C:\Program Files\GIMX folder.
Install the libusbk driver as explained below.

Note: the libusb-1.0.dll file will be replaced after updating GIMX. Perform the above steps again to keep using libusbK.
Install the libusbk driver (Xbox One only)

As it states that only Xbox One is required to install the libusbk driver, so I just followed the steps from 1-3 and didn't install the libusbk driver but it didn't work. Then I tried to re-install the USBDK driver and it crashed the USB controller driver again. What should I do to make it work?

log

global option -l with value `log.txt'
global option -c with value `LogitechG27_G29.xml'
controller #1: option -p with value `COM3'
now reading arguments for controller #2
status flag is set
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
GIMX 6.2 x86_64
Windows 7 x64
Kernel version: 6.1 (7600)
USB adapter detected, controller type is: G29 PS4.
found pass-through device 0x054c:0x05c4
Timer resolution: min=156001 max=5000 current=5000
gusb.c:185 get_endpoint: no such endpoint: 0x84
No controller was found on USB buses.
gimx.c:208 SDL_main: no adapter detected

On the other hand, I have successfully got the adaptor work on a 32 bit Windows 7 but the controller will lost connection within 1 minutes, could someone tell me what's wrong with it?
Matlo

Re: (PS4) Unable to get the GIMX adaptor work on PS4 and G27

Post by Matlo »

Did you apply all Windows updates before installing GIMX? It may solve the USBDK issue.
GIMX creator
dkch263

Post by dkch263 »

Yes, I have applied all Windows update before I install GIMX but the USBDK still crashed the USB controllers driver. Any other way that I can get this resolve?
dkch263

Post by dkch263 »

More information for your reference:

I found that one of the reason why the USBDK driver is not successfully installed is due to no digital signature which is required by 64 bit Windows 7. I've tried to use third party software to create digital signature for the USBDK driver but it didn't work.

However, the adaptor is working on a 32 bit Windows 7 but the controller will lost connection within 1 minute. I have no idea how to make it work with my G27. Appreciate if you can help me solve these issues.
isamu

Post by isamu »

dkch263 wrote:Yes, I have applied all Windows update before I install GIMX but the USBDK still crashed the USB controllers driver. Any other way that I can get this resolve?
I had the same problem. Try restoring your pc back to an earlier point before you even touched GIMX, then re-install USBDK latest version by itself. *THEN* re-install GIMX. Also what version of Windows are you running?
dkch263

Post by dkch263 »

Hi isamu,

1. My Windows version is 64 bit Windows 7 ultimate.
2. How to re-install USBDK by itself before installing GIMX? Does this mean that install USBDK first, then install GIMX? How to install USBDK by itself?

Thanks in advance.
isamu

Post by isamu »

dkch263 wrote:Hi isamu,

2. How to re-install USBDK by itself before installing GIMX? Does this mean that install USBDK first, then install GIMX? How to install USBDK by itself?

Thanks in advance.
Yes thats correct. Grab the latest version from here then install it before GIMX:

https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk/releases
dkch263

Post by dkch263 »

Many thanks for the link.

One stupid question, how should I deal with the souce code file? Should I download it as well and what is the function of this source code file?

Thanks
isamu

Post by isamu »

nope. don't need the source file.
dkch263

Post by dkch263 »

Just tried as you taught but still failed, once I installed the updated USBDK driver, the USB controller drivers are crashed. Even I re-install the GIMX, it's still not working. :(