GIMX Shop adapter errors

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
samolo94

GIMX Shop adapter errors

Post by samolo94 »

Hi,
I have been getting different errors after clicking on the start button on the launcher. I am using the adapter from the shop, and I am using the Driving Force GT for the PS4. I cannot get it to work although when I click on the check button "everything seems ok". But when I click on the start button i get different error messages (cmd window with nothing written on it but and then nothing happens, cmd windows with "can't read packet header" being repeated over and over again) but the most common one is the one with log message saying this:

Code: Select all

global option -l with value `log.txt'
global option -c with value `LogitechDrivingForceGT_G29.xml'
controller #1: option -p with value `COM3'
now reading arguments for controller #2
status flag is set
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
GIMX 6.5 x86_64
Windows 7 SP1 x64
Kernel version: 6.1 (7601)
USB adapter detected, controller type is: G29 PS4.
found pass-through device 0x054c:0x05c4
Timer resolution: min=156001 max=5000 current=5000
gusb.c:185 get_endpoint: no such endpoint: 0x84
No controller was found on USB buses.
gimx.c:208 SDL_main: no adapter detected
I've read many threads from the forum and done many of the suggested solutions but none of them worked. I installed some drivers, restarted the PC, reinstalled the logitech drivers, plugged the different USBs on different ports. Needless to say that I've tried with the PS4 on, the adapter cable connected to the PS4, the adapter connected to the PC, the DS4 connected to the PC (with the power Off), and the wheel connected to the PC aswell.
I am a bit desperate because I thought my wheel was going to get full of dust but when I saw this possibility of getting it to work I went for it, but it is driving me crazy instead. Hope someone can help me out easily.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I had to install the libusb drivers because the usbdk disables all my usb ports because of the signature thingy.
Matlo

Re: GIMX Shop adapter errors

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
You mean, the libusbk driver?
Did you install all the windows updates (software+drivers) before installing USBDK?
If not, you may try to uninstall the libusbk driver, install all updates, and reinstall USBDK.
You may also check if your computer manufacturer has driver updates for the USB controller.
Also, you may try the latest USBDK driver (try this last).
GIMX creator
samolo94

Post by samolo94 »

Yeah that's what I am doing right now, I read in another thread that there is a Windows 7 update that fixed the problem with USBDK. Thanks anyway for the response. I'll let you know if it works.
samolo94

Post by samolo94 »

It worked, thank you very much.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Thanks for your feedback. I updated the Quick Start page on the wiki.
GIMX creator
samolo94

Post by samolo94 »

Matlo wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:22 am Thanks for your feedback. I updated the Quick Start page on the wiki.
I'm glad you did, it'll help a lot of people and it will avoid a lot of problems and a lot of same threads on the forum.