High end Sim Racing equipment / PlayStation 4 Pro

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
ComeOverG

High end Sim Racing equipment / PlayStation 4 Pro

Post by ComeOverG »

Good morning,

First of all, I want thanks to Matlo his development and dedication but also for the support he is offering trough E - Mail. I guess that the creation if this thread will help to another users in my same situation in the future.

Yesterday, I received my GIMX adapter. I update the firmware to PS4G29 (Atmega32u4.hex) and I've started the configuration process. During this process, Im having so much flying questions at my head and right now, Im having more problems than sucess which I will try to explain you all during the next lines. The adapter its connected with the red LED flashing side into the PC and the other USB cable going to the back USB port of my PlayStation 4 Pro.

For example, once Ive setup direct drive steering wheel and pedals on axis tab, I want setup the shift up / down and handbrake (Analog) actions but I was unable to find those names into the config tab. I need setup those to the DS4 gamepad circle, L1 and L2 buttons respectivelly?

In another hand, when I try to launch GIMX Launcher and the CMD window opens, I try to press the DS4 gamepad PS button without success (The gamepad its connected to PC through USB). I also see that the PC remain like freezed (No mouse cursor visible) until I end the process of GIMX Launcher with left shift + escape. It's that normal?

Thank you again.

Best regards.
Matlo

Re: High end Sim Racing equipment / PlayStation 4 Pro

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
Click on the "Type" menu and select "G29 PS4". This will adjust the button and axis names. Shift up and shift down are respectively r1 and l1.
The PS button of the DS4 will do nothing unless it is mapped to PS in the configuration.
GIMX creator
ComeOverG

Post by ComeOverG »

Thanks for the reply. After select the "G29 PS4" on the menu, I can load my configuration file, true?

Thanks again.
Last edited by ComeOverG on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

The controller type is saved in the configuration and is loaded when opening a config.
Which means you have to open your config, change the controller type, and save the config.
GIMX creator
ComeOverG

Post by ComeOverG »

Thanks.

And what about analog (Potentiometer based) handbrake? I guess that I need assign to circle buttom but when I press my device it doesnt show the detected axis. If your software havent got support for analog handbrake can you add this functionality? It doesnt matter if internally it was like buttom. The important thing its that it detects.

I will test later today.

Thanks again.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Just change the event type before clicking on auto-detect.
GIMX creator
ComeOverG

Post by ComeOverG »

Ok so it doesnt matter if I choose any of the event labels under axis tab (Throttle, brake and clutch)? I can choose for example clutch and click on auto detect? Im asking that because the handbrake label its not figured.

Thanks again.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

To control buttons you have to go to the button tab.
GIMX creator
ComeOverG

Post by ComeOverG »

I tested yesterday without sucess but Im sure I where doing something wrong.

Anyway, today I will test everything with more time.

Will have my news.

Thanks again.
ComeOverG

Post by ComeOverG »

Good afternoon,

Everything its detect and working but I have the next problems:

Im testing on GT Sport and the virtual steering wheel is fully turned to the left. The pedals doesnt act to my inputs.
Iv'e tried modifying the axis correction values without sucess.

EDIT: I've copied the original LogitechG27_G29.xml axis corrections values and now steering wheel works perfectly but pedals are dead.

Any solution?

Thank you.