GIMX + Raspi2B + Teensy++ 2.0

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Joejoe

GIMX + Raspi2B + Teensy++ 2.0

Post by Joejoe »

Hey everyone!

First of all I'd like to thank you guys for keeping this community alive. It's a massive project and special thanks go out to Matlo for making this possible. You rock, mate.

When searching for an affordable solution to play my games with a mouse and keyboard on PS4, i found the headless Raspi tutorial by Rudi ( http://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1687 ). Thanks for that by the way, great work here! I got myself all the needed components ( Raspberry Pi 2 B, Teensy++ 2.0) and soldered everything together as described.

(I know, my soldering sucks ;) )

I set up the Pi according to the tutorial (with the only difference that I just want to use mouse and keyboard, not a wheel), flashed the Teensy (at90USB1286) and ran the command in the terminal by hand to see if my setup worked at all.

Code: Select all

sudo /usr/bin/gimx -p /dev/ttyAMA0 -c PS4_Overwatch_Cybereu.xml --nograb
After some difficulties with disabling the serial port on the Pi (since I don't have this option in the configuration) which caused the adapter to not being found (of course, error message: 'no adapter found'), I managed to at least get to this point:

controller #1: option -p with value '/dev/ttyAMA0'
now reading arguments for controller #2
global option -c with value 'PS4_Overwatch_Cybereu.xml'
grab flag is unset
can't read packet header
USB adapter detected, controller type is: PS4.
using default refresh period: 10.00ms
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/root/.gimx/config/PS4_Overwatch_Cybereu.xml"
could not parse file /root/.gimx/config/PS4_Overwatch_Cybereu.xml: No such file or directory
read_file failed
Apparently it's looking for the files in the root folder, but it shouldn't. So I logged in as root and copied the file to said folder. Now the raspberry says

Press the PS button to activate the controller
But when I do this, nothing happens. (This is the actual problem)

Kernel, Raspbian and GIMX are both updated to their most recent versions.

Maybe someone knows what the issue is here. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Joe

edit 2017-06-01// 4 pm CET: I got one step further and updated the problem
Last edited by Joejoe on Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joejoe

Re: GIMX + Raspi2B + Teensy++ 2.0

Post by Joejoe »

I got one step further and updated my problem in the original post. Maybe someone's got an idea what's going on there. :)
Matlo

Re: GIMX + Raspi2B + Teensy++ 2.0

Post by Matlo »

Please provide a log file (it contains more than the command output).
GIMX creator