X360(wireless) -> PC - GIMX (EMUPS3) -> Nintendo Switch (with N100 adapter) - WORKING (no rumble)

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Daz

X360(wireless) -> PC - GIMX (EMUPS3) -> Nintendo Switch (with N100 adapter) - WORKING (no rumble)

Post by Daz »

Hi,

I'm using an x360 pad wirelessly with the original "microsoft wireless receiver" on win10/64.
It works flawlessly with a nintendo switch using a $8 N100 Controller-adapter !

... just rumble is missing so far.
Using a dualshock-3 directly wired to the n100-adapter (fw 2.04) produces rumble without any problems, so it's not the adapter, obviously.
The x360-pad's rumble is working fine as well (on an Xbox One and a PS4 through a CronusMax) and of course tons of other windows games.

I've tried different emu-firmwares but only the EMUPS3 works without quitting instantly - I guess because there's no auth. required/ original-controller connected to windows ... (?)

- Is the EMUPS3 (sixaxis) firmware supposed to produce rumble at all ?
- would I have to use a different Emu-firmware to get rumble ?

Or, in other words, how can I get rumble on my wireless x360 pad at all ?

thanks in advance ...
Matlo

Re: X360(wireless) -> PC - GIMX (EMUPS3) -> Nintendo Switch (with N100 adapter) - WORKING (no rumble)

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

This is probably a problem with the SDL2 library, which is used to handle joysticks on Windows.

I opened a new issue: https://github.com/matlo/GIMX/issues/476
I have no idea about when I'll have some time to work on it.
GIMX creator
Daz

Re: X360(wireless) -> PC - GIMX (EMUPS3) -> Nintendo Switch (with N100 adapter) - WORKING (no rumble)

Post by Daz »

Hmkay. disappointing.

Is this directly related to the Xbox360 wireless receiver or does no controller work with vibration/ rumble (DS4, XB1 ...) ?
Would be nice to know before I start trying all possible configs ...

thanks in advance
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I think this is related to the Xbox 360 controller on Windows.
GIMX creator
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

This should be fixed in GIMX 7.6. It requires updating the adapter firmware with the latest EMUPS3.
GIMX creator