GIMX PC Issue

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Matlo

Re: GIMX PC Issue

Post by Matlo »

Make sure to unplug/replug the cable quickly.
And open the device manager to see if there is a new COM port when you replug the cable.
GIMX creator
dumbunny360

Post by dumbunny360 »

ok did that says that the firmware loaded. now when I click check in the launcher I get error message
joystick not found: logitech g27 racing wheel usb (0)
joystick not found ps4 controller(0)
joystick not found logitech g25 racing wheel usb (0)

the com port matches what is in device manager i do not understand.

I clicked start and i guess it started. But it is telling me to start the game with a playstation controller. I am trying to play a pc game emulating a g25 /g27 racing wheel. How do I do that?
Here is link to my screenshot.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/lNCKxK90z0YtgziP2
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

In the screenshot I can see "USB adapter detected, controller type is: G27 PS3".
Which means that you managed to load the right firmware.
Note that EMUG27PC firmware use the same controller type as the EMUG27PS3 one.

Now you need to make your own configuration to map your input devices (wheel, pedals) to G27 controls.
What you can do is open the LogitechG25_G29.xml configuration with gimx-config ("File>Edit config" in gimx-launcher).
Then change all G25 bindings in the Button and Axis tabs (click on a line, click on Modify, click on Auto-detect, click on Apply).
Lastly save your configuration.
GIMX creator
dumbunny360

Post by dumbunny360 »

I tried binding all the buttons and axis. I am not sure if I did it right. I tried the profile on Forza 7 PC. I set the controls in-game profile to G27 but on track I have no steering or FFB. What did I do wrong?
Here is my config file.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3BG1 ... 2MxZDNsUms
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

First you have to set the right controller type. This will allow gimx-config to show the right button and axis names. Click on the Type menu, and select "G27 PS3".
Next, remove the entry in the "Overall>Joystick corrections" tab. Joystick correction is generally only needed for pedal axes, not for the wheel axis.
Lastly, add the needed bindings in the Button and Axis tabs. You very likely need to bind your pedals. Make sure to perform the pedal axis calibration when requested. And save the config.
GIMX creator