New Here

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Karismas

New Here

Post by Karismas »

Hi, I’ve recently purchased your adapter online through the GIMX store but I’m still trying to get the hang of using it. My general question is, is it possible to use the ordered adapter with the Raspberry Pi 3 to be able to play with a keyboard and mouse on the Xbox One? I had tried about a month ago with no luck, which made me question if my setup is even possible. Thank you.
GoDlike

Re: New Here

Post by GoDlike »

Yes It is but you have to use Xbox Controller v1 (without a jack port).

More info here - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1987&hilit=rpi+xbox&start=10#p11443
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Karismas

Post by Karismas »

Thank you very much for the response. I just tried it and I believe I have the wrong firmware installed to make this work. When it booted up, it showed something called DietPi which I am not familiar with. Should I be using the EMUXONE firmware?
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Yup, you need EMUXONE to emulate a Xbox One pad.
Karismas

Post by Karismas »

I will download that to the RPi now. I also noticed that there are some things you must download for the adapter. Is this only for the DIY adapter? I remember trying to download to the ordered adapter but my Windows computer did not recognize it.
Karismas

Post by Karismas »

Also, is there a specific image I am supposed to download to the Raspberry Pi? Do I just flash the normal RPi software and download GIMX after, or is there a special package that comes with GIMX?
Karismas

Post by Karismas »

Ok Godlike, I was able to get the GIMX configured on the RPi. However, if I select ttyUSB0 for the port, I get a message saying the DualShock 4 was not found, and when I select the ttyS0 port, a gimx window pops up which records all of the keyboard buttons I press, but does not change anything on my XBox One. I believe this is because the default firmware for the online adapter is the Dual Shock, so I need to download the EMUXONE firmware for it. I tried on my Windows machine, but teensy.exe was unable to detect it. Does the download have to be done from the Raspberry Pi?
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Hey,

As you have official adapter from the store it's easy. Just use your windows PC.Connect both cables to pc, run gimx. Click Help->Update firmware-> Select EMUXONE->Flash. That's it.

There's no special package for RPi but there are some pre-baked system images that can save you some headache if you aren't familiar with RPi here - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1435&start=80

Keep in mind that RPi support is still experimental. There may be bugs but for most of us it works.

More information is available on DIY adapter guide on the wiki and quick start guide on the wiki. It covers flashing firmware but as you have official adapter, steps I gave you above are enough.
Karismas

Post by Karismas »

Late last night I finally got it working! The keyboard worked beautifully. However, the mouse was very jerky. I made sure I was on the correct Raspberry Pi version and did the "curses" mouse calibration which made it a little better but the jerkiness was still there. I went into /boot/cmdline.txt and messed with the mouse polling which definitely helped, but there was still some mess-ups. For example, sometimes a quick mouse movement in one direction would make the screen turn the other way, or moving horizontally would sometimes be much faster than moving vertically. Another thing I noticed was that it seemed like the mouse movement got gradually jerkier even with no changes. Are there any other settings I could change to fix this?

It could also be the mouse I'm using. It's a pretty old Dell mouse, and I don't know its DPI or poll rate. Would switching to a newer mouse make it better?
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Yeah, jerkiness is cause of low DPI. The higher dpi, the better for gimx.

Mouse behaviour also depend on used configuration. We have configurations for many games available but if there is none for the game you want to play then you have to create one you yourself. Check this guide - https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Cr ... igurations

Remember to share it with us!

Check available configs here - https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Config_Index

"For example, sometimes a quick mouse movement in one direction would make the screen turn the other way, or moving horizontally would sometimes be much faster than moving vertically"
That's x/y ratio issue in the config. Do a mouse calibration.

You can play with mouse filtering value to lower jerkiness but that will also increase input lag. Best way is to use mouse with higher dpi.