Can't get PS3 bluetooth MAC address

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
omse

Can't get PS3 bluetooth MAC address

Post by omse »

Hi!
I'm trying to use GIMX to play on my PS3 with mouse and keyboard, but I've got an issue getting its MAC address.

More specifically, whenever I plug in my paired Sixaxis into my laptop, typing `sixaddr` tells that 'current Bluetooth master' is my integrated bluetooth device from Intel on laptop Lenovo Z70-80. If I plug in a turned off paired Sixaxis, it can't see my ps3 later, and I have to reset it and pair again to be able to use it. This doesn't happen though if I plug in a paired turned on Sixaxis, i.e. after unplugging it I still can use it to control my ps3.
I've also tried that on a different laptop, but there `sixaddr` also gives me the integrated bluetooth device MAC.

Why is that happening? Is there another way to get ps3 bt address?
I'm using a PS3 superslim 500 Gb, tried to do that with 2 different controllers. Version of GIMX is 6.11-1, installed system on both laptops were Ubuntu 16.04.
Matlo

Re: Can't get PS3 bluetooth MAC address

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

The bluetooth service is very likely changing the master bdaddr before you read it. Disable the bluetooth service, re-pair your ds3 with your ps3 and try again.

Code: Select all

sudo service bluetooth stop
GIMX creator
omse

Re: Can't get PS3 bluetooth MAC address

Post by omse »

Thank you, everything is working fine now!

You rock!