How to let PS4 to recognise GIMX adapter

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
mfivnismo
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:30 am

How to let PS4 to recognise GIMX adapter

Post by mfivnismo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:37 am

First of all, its a great product.

With latest software am able to boot up and PC detected GIMX adapter. I successfully mapped my OSW and HE pedal by creating custom config etc. All good.

But main question how to get my PS4 to detect GIMX adapter and my custom config ? I go to GT Sport options/controller nothing detected.

Connection wise, GIMX adapter was connected to PC and mini USB cable included connected to the adapter and the other end to my PS4 usb port.

Please help. Let me know if I did anything stupid lol

Thanks.

User avatar
kaiba_seto2004
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:15 am

Re: How to let PS4 to recognise GIMX adapter

Post by kaiba_seto2004 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:48 am

You've already created custom config for your gear right?

So next step you need to choose that config in config list box, then press Start button on gimx-launcher.
Next you need to press PS button (which was mapped to a button in custom config). Then PS4 will show a controller at top left screen and you now ready to go.
PS4 enthusiast.

mfivnismo
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:30 am

Re: How to let PS4 to recognise GIMX adapter

Post by mfivnismo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 am

kaiba_seto2004 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:48 am
You've already created custom config for your gear right?

So next step you need to choose that config in config list box, then press Start button on gimx-launcher.
Next you need to press PS button (which was mapped to a button in custom config). Then PS4 will show a controller at top left screen and you now ready to go.
Next issue.... once i click launch error shown on PC is “ No dual shock 4 controller connected to USB port”

What should i do ?

User avatar
kaiba_seto2004
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:15 am

Re: How to let PS4 to recognise GIMX adapter

Post by kaiba_seto2004 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:05 am

You must connect a turned off Dualshock 4 to PC.
PS4 enthusiast.

mfivnismo
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:30 am

Re: How to let PS4 to recognise GIMX adapter

Post by mfivnismo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:13 am

kaiba_seto2004 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:05 am
You must connect a turned off Dualshock 4 to PC.

Ok yup connected it. All good. Once I press PS button, on PS4 what should I expect to see ?

I go Devices on PS4 nothing new detected.

Don’t mind elaborate the next few steps...i think its gonna be over soon :) Thanks man

User avatar
kaiba_seto2004
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:15 am

Re: How to let PS4 to recognise GIMX adapter

Post by kaiba_seto2004 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:22 am

A controller icon will appear at top - left corner on screen. That means your wheel connected to ps4.
PS4 enthusiast.

User avatar
kaiba_seto2004
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:15 am

Re: How to let PS4 to recognise GIMX adapter

Post by kaiba_seto2004 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:26 am

Ok please show me your config, which button you mapped to PS ?
PS4 enthusiast.

mfivnismo
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:30 am

Re: How to let PS4 to recognise GIMX adapter

Post by mfivnismo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:29 am

kaiba_seto2004 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:26 am
Ok please show me your config, which button you mapped to PS ?
I use “Select” button Event 5

User avatar
kaiba_seto2004
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:15 am

Re: How to let PS4 to recognise GIMX adapter

Post by kaiba_seto2004 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:34 am

When you press that button after pressed Start in gimx-launcher, do you see any icon at top left corner?
PS4 enthusiast.

mfivnismo
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:30 am

Re: How to let PS4 to recognise GIMX adapter

Post by mfivnismo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:45 am

kaiba_seto2004 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:34 am
When you press that button after pressed Start in gimx-launcher, do you see any icon at top left corner?
On my PC or PS4 screen ?

Post Reply