Gimx Adaptor Never got it working

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
blanes

Gimx Adaptor Never got it working

Post by blanes »

I bought the GIMX adaptor from the link on this website many months ago now, with the promise I could emulate a G27 on my PC using my Accuforce Wheel plus Fanatec Gearshift and Clubsport pedals. After mucking about for many hours and reading everything I could here I gave up in frustration as I could not find a simple step by step method to get it operating and I just could not figure it out unfortunately. I requested a config file from two different guys with AF wheels after someone said that was the issue, but they perhaps were too busy to help and I suspect there is other reason it does not work because it does not show up in control panel or the logitech software anywhere as a G27 wheel connected.

Now today I came back to it to try again but encounter the same problems, I plug the 2 x usb plugs into my pc and it lights up one red, one green light. When I run the Gimx Launcher and press Start it tells me the adaptor is there as G27 PS3 even tho I put the PC firmware correctly - so the PC thinks I am trying to emulate a PS3 wheel which is not true but I do not know if that matters. I installed the logitech lgs510_x64 driver but the GIMX launcher has a warning says Joystick not Found Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB 0

Surely this cannot be so complex to get working ? I have read all I could find but obviously missing something as I know I am not the brightest bulb in the box sometimes. I am trying one last time to get this to work before I give up completely and I really cannot even sell this adaptor as I cannot be sure it is functioning correctly as I cannot demonstrate it working .

Please can the guy here who sold me the adaptor ( Matlo ? ) help me get this running or tell me what I am doing wrong as it is very frustrating going through this a second time without a good result. :(
blanes

Re: Gimx Adaptor Never got it working

Post by blanes »

Just to clarify what I said above, I got the GIMX adaptor plugged in correctly and also my AccuForce wheel plugged in with Logitech driver software installed. My wheel is recognised under windows as Accuforce and my pedals and gear shifter show up as Fanatec devices correctly. Nowhere does it say I am running a G27 which this adaptor is supposed to make my PC think my wheel/pedals/shifter is.

When I click start in the GIMX Launcher a Dos window opens and one line reads :-

GIMX adapter detected, controller type is G27 PS3

It then tells me to start a game using a dualshock 3 controller. But this is all wrong because I do not have a PS3 and not trying to run a PS3 game and I have double checked I wrote the correct firmware of G27PC to emulate a G27 working on a PC yet this program will not recognise that.

It also says Warning : Joystick not found: Logitech G27 Racing wheel USB 0
I have repeatedly tried to update the firmware to the G27PC version as the original G27PS3 firmware must be stuck there and not updating, even though is does say it has updated, but there no way to verify that as the Dos window message says G27PS3.

This is sooo effing frustrating !!!!!! :o
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Hello,

We are sorry you couldn't get it working. I'll help you with that.

As for the G27 PS3 line you are getting in launcher it's because G27PC and G27PS3 are almost same firmwares and that line may be misleading, we'll change that in future. So if you are sure you loaded PC firmware and gimx says it's PS3 it's fine, just ignore that, it should work.

Now gimx input system is using configurations. In these files you can map your own wheel to the wheel you are trying to emulate (G27 in this case). You can't use config for other wheel as every wheel has other axises and buttons.

As theres is no premade config fot your wheel you need to make one. What you have to do is to open the gimx-config and map your accuforce wheel to the G27 so gimx will know which turns/buttons etc should emulate with G27. Remember to select Type->G27 PS3/PC. Tutorial about creating configurations is available here - https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Cr ... igurations

You can also load some other configuration in gimx-config and check what it contains.

When replying please attach log message - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=691
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
blanes

Post by blanes »

Thank you and I really appreciate your help though I have to say it is very disappointing that the guy who sold me this device was happy to sell me the adaptor but since that time never offered any help or assistance to me despite a number of threads where I detailed my problems - I guess he is too busy or does not understand the difficulty for someone who has very basic understanding of what is required to make it work. :(

Anyway I have read that tutorial you linked several months ago and really had a hard time understanding the process and did not get very far at all. I will go back and read again but before I even get to that stage, please tell me how do I even know the GIMX adapter works ? Because when it is plugged in ( both usb plugs into my PC ) and my wheel is turned on and the Logitech software installed the system does NOT tell me I have a Logitech G27 wheel plugged in. The logitech software says there are no logitech devices detected and also the GIMX launcher does not see my Accuforce wheel as a Logitech device instead telling me no G27 detected. So I have no clue what is going on as in Windows Control Device display it still recognises my wheel as accuforce. Isn't this adapter supposed to trick the system into thinking my AF wheel is a G27 ? So then should there be some indicator that everything is being detected correctly ? Because the messages I see contradict that and I really cannot understand what is supposed to be happening and cannot help but think there must be some fault in the adaptor - I do hope I am wrong because I would love to get it working as it should. Thanks again for your offer of assistance. :)
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Hello,

No problem. I see you did a thread before and I already assisted you but you never replied so I don't think you can blame @Matlo - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2502

About the lights I need to ask @Matlo as he knows the technicals.

Regards,
Daniel
blanes

Post by blanes »

Yeah I saw your reply back then and I appreciate your help but you had not answered the question I had then which I still have, that is, should the logitech software I installed show my AF wheel as present and identified as a G27 ? It doesn't and yet that is what I assumed should happen from what I read and the gimx launcher also cannot find a Logitech G27 device which is what it should be emulating.

I have to disagree on your point about Matlo as he is the person who sold me the device and for sure he should help me get it working but he didn't even acknowledge me yet surely he must read his own forum here, or is this not related to his business directly ? I mean that I think it is only natural for the buyer of a product to expect the seller would back his product by assisting the buyer who is having trouble because it is not operating or working as intended and expected. This could be down to me failing to understand or the device might be faulty - how can I know ?

Anyway I still cannot get it working and really do not know what I am supposed to do now. Sorry to sound unhappy but I really feel let down as this was not a cheap item for me to buy and it is useless so far. If I could just have some process or check to know it is working correctly but I do not know how to do that and cannot understand why my wheel is not showing as a G27 as the firmware for G27PC looked to have been written even though as you say it displays that it is G27PS3.

And the two other GIMX users who own AccuForce wheels never posted their working config files so I could download and try them. I did try contacting them via PM and asking on the forums but got no reply unfortunately.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Im the guy who's dealing with most of forum questions because Matlo is a busy guy. He is working in company and he's doing this software for free in free time. Im asking him sometimes to reply if I need some technical info or when I can't be online for some time. He is not the person to blame for your problems. The adapter "shop" is optional feature if you want to get ready to use adapter without DIY but you still need some other things to make it work if you don't have officially supported wheel, software is free and you don't need official adapter to get GIMX working. Im using some chinese clone of Arduino Leonardo with gimx firmware loaded myself.

Let's focus on your problem please.

In the last thread I thought you solved the problem as you never responded, you could just reply and ask me if there's a way to check if it's working because you would like to check it before doing the other steps.

About the device, if it's working. AFAIK the G27 should appear in the Device manager after clicking "Start" in gimx. As for the technicals I asked @Matlo about this, just wait for his reply.

As you see they were users that successfully used AccuForce wheel but they didn't post the configuration. Well it's not mandatory to do it, it's up to you if you decide to post the config so others may benefit from it. I can't make a configuration for you because I don't own this wheel. You need to do this yourself and Im here to help you with it. I hope you will post the config after you get it working so other AccuForce users will use :)
blanes

Post by blanes »

Yes and thanks I want to find a solution to get this working. Regarding your questions :-

"In the last thread I thought you solved the problem as you never responded"

Sorry but no I did not ever get it working and gave up in frustration after I tried getting the Accuforce config files from the other guys. I am not blaming anyone here about that though, just bad luck I guess and if I ever do manage to get this working and make a config file I will most certainly upload it so other AF wheel owners like me do not go through the same frustration and wasted hours of time.

"About the device, if it's working. AFAIK the G27 should appear in the Device manager after clicking "Start" in gimx"

It does not, and this to me is the core of the problem and why I asked for some way to check the correct operation of the GIMX adaptor, because I never get any message telling me a G27 is connected, in fact the message is the opposite telling me it cannot find any Logitech G27 device. So this tells me the software is looking and expecting to find a G27 but cannot. That then leads me to think there is some problem in the adaptor, either a hardware failure or some error in the firmware/software, something is not right.

Please understand I am not "blaming" anyone for the problems I am having trying to get the GIMX adaptor working and I am certainly thankful for your help and interest. However you might also understand my point that the person who sold me this adaptor, ie Matlo, does have some responsibility to me as his customer who paid him for a device that I am unable to get working. Maybe this has happened before and Matlo knows the reason and solution ?

I am plugging both cables that are connected to the GIMX adaptor directly into two different USB 2.0 ports, so is that ok or is there something else I should be doing ? My PC is on current version 1803 of Win 10 64bit Pro if that makes any difference.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Please provide the log file requested in forum rules, point 3: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=691
GIMX creator
blanes

Post by blanes »

Well thanks for a reply and when I am able to I will generate the log file for you. I did not know about that requirement until now.

I am currently away from where my PC is usually hooked up with my wheel and racing system and will not be able to connect it all up again until after the weekend unfortunately, due to work and family.

Meanwhile would you please answer the other question I have as to why I do not see the wheel showing as a Logitech G27 ? Isn't the GIMX adaptor primary function to cause whatever wheel is attached to be seen by the PC system as a G27 ?

I have read all the relevant articles that you mentioned but I do struggle to understand some technical things, that is why I ask you now. Do you think it is possible there is some fault in the adaptor ?