Joystick not found

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
woggle

Joystick not found

Post by woggle »

Hi, I am setting up a Fanatec Porsche wheel to PS4. the adapter is bought from the official store, all set up.
However, my trouble comes when I try to test the connection. the error message reads "Joystick not found: Logitech G25 Racing Wheel USB (0)".
I use the G25 to PS4 config with button changes to match my wheel. the wheel itself is not directly connected to the pc via wire, but by USB dongle. a wireless connection.

What do, how do I set up the connection?
woggle

Re: Joystick not found

Post by woggle »

cont. to the article, the GIMX-launcher does not recognize any port connected to the pc. the port is blank.
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Firstly, please attach log file.

You must create new config due to your setup. That's why gimx said "No g25 was found".
Next, did you install CP210x driver? If not, please install its driver in "...\GIMX\tools\CP210x_VCP_Windows"
PS4 enthusiast.
woggle

Post by woggle »

Update, installed the CP210x driver and created a new config. there is no log file when I press start, an error pops up about the serial port. No USB serial device selected. The wiki says that if the port entry is empty, then my adapter is not detected. Everything is connected as shown in the Wiki. Hope I'm not missing something blatant...
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Maybe you did not plug the right side to the computer? Is there any COM port in terms device manager?
GIMX creator
woggle

Post by woggle »

oh christ, you're right. Wrong side. Thank you so much. It's just my tired bum not functioning properly by the end of the day. Thanks.
Last edited by woggle on Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

In gimx-launcher, you have to select the COM port matching the CP210x one.

For the "device not found" issue, you can just remap all buttons and axes using gimx-config.
GIMX creator
woggle

Post by woggle »

found it, all good.