G920 to Xbox with GIMX for motion simulator

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Okt4n3

G920 to Xbox with GIMX for motion simulator

Post by Okt4n3 »

Hi, i use gimx to play with my G920 on PS4 and works great, i even use my motion platform with it, because xsimulator has a joystick plugin and since the wheel is connected to pc it uses the wheel input to translate it as movement (I leave a youtube link as reference)

[youtube]https://youtu.be/xd_fqWZghIk[/youtube]

Now, i want to do the same thing with xbox but the G920 loses his ffb if i connect it to pc and then to xbox trough gimx.

I know Matlo was working on a solution to emulate wheels on xbox but it has passed a lot of time and i don't even now if it's still a project, I don't want to emulate anything because i want to use it on xbox but i need to use the pc between, is there a way with gimx or other software or device to connect my G920 to PC and then the PC to xbox? to use my motion simulator on Forza Horizon 4 for example.
Forbidden Era

Re: G920 to Xbox with GIMX for motion simulator

Post by Forbidden Era »

Creative use. I use gimx for my custom handbrake.

Does your game have UDP output?

Many games have UDP output for apps, can be used for motion SIM.

And in fact, if so, would be better motion likely than translating wheel position? Using wheel position plus ffb would almost make more sense, no?

Sorry if I am not familiar with that game, I only just got a 360 strictly for whatever Forza versions it will run - don't think I'm ready to shell out for an X1 just for one game at the moment. I know some x games do have this output.

Gametools can convert the udp for output for xsim afaik. You may already know this though.
Forbidden Era

Post by Forbidden Era »

Sorry, I just noticed you didn't mention a specific game, for some reason I thought you mentioned Forza.

Any game that has UDP output and the appropriate values should be able to use gametools to setup your mosim.

I do see several games listed as having UDP output in SIM Dashboard, I know at least pcars2 should work.
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Nah, some games like Forza did not provide any telemetry interface, or maybe dev did not want to support it :)
PS4 enthusiast.
Forbidden Era

Post by Forbidden Era »

I am not surprised but that is too bad. I haven't really played forza but it looks decent and has some cars I like (one version had a mk2 celica supra / supra xx, which I have owned 5 of and is my personal favorite car under $10k-ish of all time) but Ive never been an Xbox person.

At least some Xbox sims do provide UDP. I think every sim should do that now standard.
Okt4n3

Post by Okt4n3 »

You're right, as a matter of fact this games have udp put feature on xbox:

- Forza 7
- F1 16 to 18
- Project Cars 1 and 2

This is the best way to use motion simulators, sadly the list is short and the only way to be able to use a motion simulator with the rest of racing games is trough joystick input.

I just need to use my G920 on xbox as always, but i need my PC to read the same input as well, any ideas folks?