GIMX and Xbox 360 Controller not working

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
San Ganchaoo

GIMX and Xbox 360 Controller not working

Post by San Ganchaoo »

Hi all, Ive been reading all the FAQ, guides etc... and I saw that it says GIMX doesnt work with xbox original wireless controllers even if they are conected with wire and wireless adaptor in PC?

Genuine wired 360 controller
It is required because the USB adapter has to authenticate to the console. A wireless 360 controller with a play and charge kit will NOT work.

So If I want to play my xbox 360 with wheel in GIMX, I have to buy yes or yes this one? https://www.amazon.es/Mando-Gamepad-Vib ... 740&sr=8-5

I really want to play the forza games in my xbox360

Is there any other option for people like me to play original forzas with wheel? I can pass without FFB, but I really want to play them.

I tried anyway to use GIMX before asking here with my Wireless Xbox original pad connected by cable and with the wireless adaptor but it says xbox360 controller is not connected but the PC detects it perfectly. I share with you my log.

https://pastebin.com/T24GC0Sx

Last version of GIMX, used Xbox360pad firm

My controllers are a direct drive wheel and pedals (They work perfect with ps3 and ps4, so IMO they shouldnt be the problem)

Anyway, thanks alot for the GIMX, it works flawless in all sony consoles, but its really sad the part of the microsoft ones :(

I wish somebody will give me some hope about some solution to play this games again with wheel, apart than buying the original wheel.
GoDlike

Re: GIMX and Xbox 360 Controller not working

Post by GoDlike »

Hello

Wheel emulation with x360 is not supported. You will not be able to use wheel.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
San Ganchaoo

Post by San Ganchaoo »

GoDlike wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:18 am Hello

Hello

I know emulation with xbox360 wheel is not supported, this is not what the post is about...its about Xbox360 controller.

Thanks
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Okay I didn't understand your post.

GIMX passess authentication signal from genuine 360 controller through USB. There is no other way to make it work. Console will refuse to let controller work without authentication.
San Ganchaoo

Post by San Ganchaoo »

GoDlike wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:58 pm Okay I didn't understand your post.

GIMX passess authentication signal from genuine 360 controller through USB. There is no other way to make it work. Console will refuse to let controller work without authentication.
And how is that Original Xbox360 wireless controllers connected by cable and with wireless receptor (Which is the way to make it work as same as the genuine wired controller in PC) are not able to get authenticated when Windows detects them without any driver or anything?
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Wireless X360 controllers are only getting power through USB when connected. Data is still sent wirelessly thus gimx can't get authentication packets to pass to console.
San Ganchaoo

Post by San Ganchaoo »

GoDlike wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:38 am Wireless X360 controllers are only getting power through USB when connected. Data is still sent wirelessly thus gimx can't get authentication packets to pass to console.
Thanks for the explanation

Really bad news for Xbox 360 users then....GG
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Wired X360 gamepad will be the only thing works (must be genuine part with Microsoft brand logo).
PS4 enthusiast.
Jacobsson

Post by Jacobsson »

GoDlike wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:18 am Hello

About that subject. I made a post here: https://forum.gimx.fr/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3875 (and sorry for plugging my topic here, I have zero replies)
I'd like to help collecting data to at least get a foundation for the wheels wireless data communication in order to use the wheel on other targets (PC/PS3/PS4), any suggestions how to start? (I have an official GIMX-adapter that I can use). Any suggestions appreciated!
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Hello,

I already passed your question @Jacobsson to the main developer.