G29 - G27 PC wheel firmware (fix for FORZA)

Have something you would like to say? let us know.
kagerok

G29 - G27 PC wheel firmware (fix for FORZA)

Post by kagerok »

Hello Matlo !

First I have to say thanks you for all your hard work on this mod. I must say, this is pretty incredible to make this software all by yourself, and it work amazingly well.
Now, I got a suggestion for a lot of people who struggle with some wheel compatibility on PC only (not on console), because of games like Forza apex or Horizon 3 lack of support for DFGT or FANATEC.... And I fear more to come...

Since i've tried many times to translate my Driving Force GT into a G27 or G29 without sucess on PC with GIMX. I may have a clue on where things got stuck :
EMU Firmware.
I used the teensy, with the EMUG29PS4 for Driveclub on PS4 and it work flawlessly. But when I try to use it on PC, windows detect the wheel as a real G29 but for PS4 only, so the input doesn't work for some reason, Logitech driver couldn't detect the wheel as well.
Same for the EMUG27PS3 firmware, but worse I must say. The G27 is detected but cannot be installed (exclamation error in the system setting).
The only successful firmware for the pc is the EMUPS4 controller, detected as an ORI gamepad. The driver is installed on pc and the DFGT input seems to do something.
Surprisely, I tried the EMU360, it is well detected by windows, the DFGT seems to react on the input (windows settings), but nothing in game.
One cool things is to get a firmware of the G29 for PC (the most recent wheel, so better for futur games to come), that actually work with the Official driver of Logitech (LGS.8.83.85).
I don't know if this is something to big or hard to create, I would like to know if it's possible for you.
Matlo

Re: G29 - G27 PC wheel firmware (fix for FORZA)

Post by Matlo »

Sadly this is low priority and I have not time for this.
GIMX creator
kagerok

Post by kagerok »

I understand, :) thank anyways for your answer.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Please try this firmware:
Attachments
EMUG27PC.zip
(3.99 KiB) Downloaded 879 times
GIMX creator