A suggestion or two.

Have something you would like to say? let us know.
cldfusion

Re: A suggestion or two.

Post by cldfusion »

I don't know, maybe mines defective. I suspect that smart translators correct a lot more than deadzone. My Diagonal movements are faster than horizontal and vertical(I'm drawing diamond shapes when I should be drawing circles. It feels a tiny bit jittery, but I suspect that may just be windows. My acceleration compensation feels off and I'm using a 0.39exp. Maybe it's time to test out the linux version.
uwontprevail

Post by uwontprevail »

cldfusion wrote:I don't know, maybe mines defective. I suspect that smart translators correct a lot more than deadzone. My Diagonal movements are faster than horizontal and vertical(I'm drawing diamond shapes when I should be drawing circles. It feels a tiny bit jittery, but I suspect that may just be windows. My acceleration compensation feels off and I'm using a 0.39exp. Maybe it's time to test out the linux version.
The linux version does work much better.

I have absolutely none of the problems you are facing.

I am loving it =D

I might get a xim3 when i get an xbox 360, but for now ill stick to this.
McKack

Post by McKack »

uwontprevail wrote:I might get a xim3 when i get an xbox 360, but for now ill stick to this.
Now that GIMX is USB-capable I got my fingers crossed for Matlo figuring out a way to emulate 3rd party 360 USB controllers sometime in the future. You'd probably have to connect an official 360 controller to either the computer or the adapter since they use security chips but that wouldn't bother me.
Matlo wrote:I chose the domain name "gimx.fr". GIMX stands for "Game Input MultipleXer". I'm intentionally not mentioning the ps3 as I also may target the XBox360 some day...
;)
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
uwontprevail

Post by uwontprevail »

McKack wrote:
uwontprevail wrote:I might get a xim3 when i get an xbox 360, but for now ill stick to this.
Now that GIMX is USB-capable I got my fingers crossed for Matlo figuring out a way to emulate 3rd party 360 USB controllers sometime in the future. You'd probably have to connect an official 360 controller to either the computer or the adapter since they use security chips but that wouldn't bother me.
Matlo wrote:I chose the domain name "gimx.fr". GIMX stands for "Game Input MultipleXer". I'm intentionally not mentioning the ps3 as I also may target the XBox360 some day...
;)
Hmm, that is pretty interesting.

But for now, i think ill stick to my ps3.

I might switch over to microsoft when they release a new system.

I do like xbox live better than psn.. but when its free you cant complain.
McKack

Post by McKack »

Yes, XBL is tons better, especially the party/cross-game voice chat. PSN being free and me being poor is the main reason I'm sticking to the PS3 for online gaming - luckily most of my friends are on PSN as well.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

cldfusion wrote:I used XIM up until now, and it's really the best adapter out there. The Xim3 has perfect 1:1 translation because they use computer vision to make their smart translators, but they're neglecting the ps3. My xim1's translation feels better than Gimx so far, but Gimx has a lot going for it (Better configs, faster response time, open source) I'm sure it will eventually match and surpass the performance of xim2.
Perfect 1:1 translation doesn't exist. It always will be an approximation, because of both the controller (360 & PS3 gamepads use 8-bit precision, high-end mice use 16-bit precision) and game limitations (max speed, acceleration). The XIM3 probably makes the best 1:1 translation approximation out there. It also seems to be very easy to use, but it's probably not as complete/flexible as it could be.
cldfusion wrote:I don't know, maybe mines defective. I suspect that smart translators correct a lot more than deadzone. My Diagonal movements are faster than horizontal and vertical(I'm drawing diamond shapes when I should be drawing circles. It feels a tiny bit jittery, but I suspect that may just be windows. My acceleration compensation feels off and I'm using a 0.39exp. Maybe it's time to test out the linux version.
If you are drawing ellipses instead of circles, this means your x/y ratio is wrong. The correct GIMX x/y ratio for COD:BO is 2.86. This means your y multiplier has to be 2.86x your x multiplier.
GIMX creator
cldfusion

Post by cldfusion »

My blackops config is starting to feel better now:)
2.86 may be 1:1 but it feels too vertical for me. Here's what i've got:
dz mp exp
x 23 16 0.39
y 23 24 0.39
ads:
x 24 23 0.39
y 24 25.5 0.39

I Know that 22 is the end of the dz, but putting it a tiny bit higher feels nice for some reason.
Currently have 0.39 on the ads config, but i've read that the ads acceleration is different( than hip fire, I assume that's where you calculated 0.39), and also different for different weapons(pistol, rifle, sniper). I might try to run some tests soon.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Ok let's go back to the initial subject: a simplified configuration tool for fps games.
I'm working on it right now :)
It will look like this:

Any suggestion?
Is there anyone wanting to design the background image?
GIMX creator
Cybereu

Post by Cybereu »

uwontprevail wrote:Awesome job guys. I love how Gimp works.

These are just suggestions to make it a bit more user friendly.

Have a picture of a ps3 controller or xbox , and have the ability to assign keys from that, or make a simpler version of it. (not really something that is needed, but is a nice touch)

other than that, you guys are doing an amazing job.
I also* suggest that on a post, i saw a controler configuration on Dolphin Emulator (Wii/GC Emu), its simple and easy.
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6199/77094905.png

and on ps2 emu:
http://images.reaper-x.com/blogs/pcsx2-3.jpg
Matlo wrote:Ok let's go back to the initial subject: a simplified configuration tool for fps games.
I'm working on it right now :)
It will look like this:
fpsconfig.png
Any suggestion?
Is there anyone wanting to design the background image?
Geez krist !!!

Found this Image on:
www.clker.com/clipart-game-console-cont ... tline.html

*Was already because of my silliness
Last edited by Cybereu on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
cldfusion

Post by cldfusion »

I like the simple design, it just needs some back triggers. What background color to use? I like black, only it wouldn't contrast the controller.
Does that middle box mean we might be able to have a Ps button soon?:)